Low batt. life - BB v1.0 1ghz Kernel

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by elninost0rm, May 7, 2010.

1. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    hmmm...my 100-90 takes about 2 hours or more...but yeah try it out.

2. elninost0rm

elninost0rm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    11 minutes unplugged.

28 display, 21 setcpu, 19 phone idle, 16 cell standby, 9 android system, 3-4 at less than 3% each.

Those numbers seem way high. I swear I remember display being 75% or more of my battery in the past.

I should do a full wipe and not backup my apps, and see if it drastically improves. Running services include the bluetooth toggle, Hi Aim, among other things, but none of those even APPEAR in the battery usage page (indicating to me that they are a non-factor). Unless one (or more) of them is being lumped into the idle/standby category stealthily.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  3. dwagner88

dwagner88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is strange. Mine has been off the charger since 11:00 this morning and I'm still at 90%. I'm using the 1ghz bekit kernel with pete's script. The phone sometimes gets a little warm, but not anything significantly worse than what I've seen using setcpu in the past to 800mhz.

4. elninost0rm

elninost0rm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Aye, something is destroying my BL and I have idea what it is...

5. elninost0rm

elninost0rm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gonna reflash tonight with RSD and then do a completely fresh install of BB 1.0 and see what happens. I've done other permanent modications (such as the baseband) and who knows what effect that has had. More info soon.

6. mjh68

mjh68 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just a thought or an experiment I guess . I have been reading numerous threads from different Roms .. benefit of working working night shift . I have seen posts about poor battery life .. heating issues etc. Everyone keeps changing kernels or Roms , but a few people have found that it seems to be an issue with the latest update of SetCPU. They have reverted back to 1..5.1a and heat and battery issues have went away . I am about to try it myself because I definately am running higher temps and less battery on BB as well running Bekits 800 kernel.

It makes sense since SetCPU is the most common denominator when everyone is running different roms, kernels, apps etc... but everyone is running SetCPU.

7. BoxcuttaStyle

BoxcuttaStyle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It appears that by removing the 'pete' file I killed my ability to send out text messages?!?! I am able to send but not receive, had to call Verizon for them to reset something on their side. It's corrected now but my question is what caused this?

8. elninost0rm

elninost0rm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Switched back to UD this morning. 8 hrs 30 minutes of moderate use and I'm at 60% battery. Maybe I was doing something wrong. Great rom, but the batt. Life I had was a huge turn off.

9. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL Removing the pete file has nothing to do with those problems, not sure why you removed it, that file can be used as a tool, if anything just delete the contents inside of it or edit them.

As for battery life if you run the ROM as is without setcpu, taskmanagers, etc battery life will be better than you have ever seen.

10. elninost0rm

elninost0rm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ran the ROM without any of that. I ran multiple trials over the past 2-3 days and I could not get any sort of decent life out of 1.0. Maybe it doesn't like my phone, but don't assume that I haven't tried the obvious (using no managers/setCPU/etc).

This isn't a plug for UD at all, but I switched to it today using the same method of loading BB, and I was able to get 9 hours to 50% using the phone moderately (4-5 texts an hour, random webpage loads, Pocket Empires, etc.) I was lucky to get 7 hours of PURE standby on BB 1.0 (and that was 100-0%)

Once again, might not be a problem with the ROM, but I gave up.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  11. peteralfonso

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear that, I am not sure why it's not working with your phone :(

12. elninost0rm

elninost0rm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Aye, :(

It's much faster than UD for sure. It's streamlined and amazing in every way.

If only the battery life was acceptable on my phone, I'd have no qualms in using it. I might continue to tinker with it if I'm not lazy.

13. peteralfonso

Ratings:
    +0
    I havnt read through this thread yet but have you tried removing all the cache files, etc. from your sdcard? Even the hidden files?

14. elninost0rm

elninost0rm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I've done that, too.

15. Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin Member

Ratings:
    +0

On other ROMs I have used Bekits o/c kernels and they ran hot and killed my battery. I have been using p3droid o/c kernels with much better results, for me anyway. I haven't read if anyone has/is running p3droid on Bugless. I would give this ROM a go if p3droid is compatible.

Search tags for this page

how does the dialer on a casio commando kill the battery

pete's 600 mhz kernel