low batt help

hockeymack17

Reaction score
ok i know there was a couple threads on this already buit i could'nt find what i was looking for.. For starters, As soon as i brought my phone home from verizon and hooked it up to the charger i got an update that said to only use the update if you have atleast 40% of your battery.. I had it hooked up to the charger so i did'nt think it would be a problem, would that possibly be why my battery sucks? Also, i have heard you turn of wifi and it will help. How the heck do i turn wifi off i have been looking for the last 20 min and can not find the option anywhere!!

What are some of the other ways to help out on the battery?

I have not done the complete drain then charge yet but today i unplugged my charger at 830am befor work maybe sent 15 texts made 4 calls and when i got home from work at 4pm i was down to 42% batt.. I know the battery is not very good on the eris but this just seems horrrible!! As far as i kno i dont have any app's running because i really dont have too many downloaded i think the oinly one i have that me be up and running is facebook or maybe sports tap..

Thanks guys i know there is a thread on this already but i could'nt find the nawser's i was looking for there

PinkV

Reaction score
Hi, I don't have the answer to all your questions but I'll give you what I've heard.

1. Download a task killer app. Apps constantly run in the background and eat up battery life. "Killing them" is supposed to help.
2. Check your backlight settings. Mine stays lit for some reason all the time, so I have to tap the red phone button to make sure the phone is in sleep mode when I'm not using it. This helps. Don't worry, you'll still receive calls etc.
3. Vibrate mode eats up battery life
4. Car chargers eat up battery life
5. WiFi-there should have been a widget automatically installed on one of your home screens that looks like a light switch and says Wi-Fi. If not on home screen, go into Settings, Wireless Controls, Wi-Fi settings, and uncheck the Wi-Fi box if it's checked. Same deal for bluetooth and GPS settings.

Angry_snowman1

Reaction score
I would say for normal usage thats about normal to use about 60% in about 8 hours. Turning off the 3G (wireless network) will help alot but if you do alot of surfing and facebooking then you should use it where you can plug it in.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hi, I don't have the answer to all your questions but I'll give you what I've heard.

1. Download a task killer app. Apps constantly run in the background and eat up battery life. "Killing them" is supposed to help. Incorrect Not Needed
2. Check your backlight settings. Mine stays lit for some reason all the time, so I have to tap the red phone button to make sure the phone is in sleep mode when I'm not using it. This helps. Don't worry, you'll still receive calls etc. Set to Auto
3. Vibrate mode eats up battery life True
4. Car chargers eat up battery life Care to explain this?
5. WiFi-there should have been a widget automatically installed on one of your home screens that looks like a light switch and says Wi-Fi. If not on home screen, go into Settings, Wireless Controls, Wi-Fi settings, and uncheck the Wi-Fi box if it's checked. Same deal for bluetooth and GPS settings. Wifi should be off if not being used, GPS only uses battery when called upon by an app

This is IMHO....

OP
H

hockeymack17

Reaction score
ok i have wifi turned off. I have my back light basicaly turned off it is maybe 3 milimeters away from being completly off.. last night i let my phone go completly dead befor charge.. I think i may just have a bad battery.. My phone was off the charger for only 3 hours after a full over night charge and i have 68% of battery life left! I also was not using the phone it was just sitting in my pocket