Loving The X more

droided1

Reaction score
Just installed dolphin hd browser, gotta say to me its the best browser out there. Definitely better than the stock one. Really digging this phone and all the options I have.just when I think I haven't found anything worth checking out I stumble onto something else. Very happy with this phone and android.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

musicman

Reaction score
Have you rooted? The possibilities are truly endless once you do that.

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
Yes, my bookmarks carried over.
Haven't rooted yet, still kind of nervous about doing it, seeing as if something were to go wrong id be without any phone what so ever. I haven't completely ruled out the idea though.

Raptor007

Reaction score
Are you running any of the Dolphin plug-ins and have you tried the Skyfire browser?

OP
droided1

droided1

Reaction score
Not running anything special for plug ins yet... only glanced at em. Haven't tried the one mentioned above. Good?

bruzer75

Reaction score
I've had this bad boy for two months now and can't put it down!

Raptor007

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to play with Skyfire. It has a nice concept around social, but my life actually doesn't revolve around facebook and that seems to be the social angle they are going with. It pulls in the feeds of your friends news etc.

I think I will try Dolphin out for a while, I did pay for a license a while ago.

Ecsa0014

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to play with Skyfire. It has a nice concept around social, but my life actually doesn't revolve around facebook and that seems to be the social angle they are going with. It pulls in the feeds of your friends news etc.

I think I will try Dolphin out for a while, I did pay for a license a while ago.

Before 2.2 (and Flash), Skyfire was the only way to view most web videos on Android. This change towards social networking seems to of have come about since 2.2 (and Flash). I guess they are just trying to find a niche somewhere else now. It seems somewhat of an odd choice to integrate facebook with a browser on Android since there are already so many great Facebook apps on Android.

Last edited:

mjustus

Reaction score
I tried a few different browsers but didn't see a difference between them and the stock one. Am I just missing something?

Sent from my DROIDX

Danii1003

Reaction score
I love the dolphin browser its so much quicker and better with the different tabs

Sent from my DROIDX

the5barrons

Reaction score
I'm running Dolphin now and I enjoy the layout a little better than stock as well as gesturing, which is a nice option. The toolbars and slide functions make it a little more user friendly.

Load speed is no better or worse casue of the program, but because of connectivity. Stock browser is just as fast.