1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Lovin' my Razr MAXX

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by dedduck0121, Feb 3, 2012.

1. dedduck0121

dedduck0121 New Member

Just thought I would stop in and tell everyone about my experiences with the phone so far. I know people probably are tired of hearing about the battery life but tough, if you read more you will hear about it again! ;)

I made the move from my MIUI Droid X to the Razr MAXX and let me tell you, it was well worth it. The Razr is unrooted at the moment b.c i am waiting for ICS to be pushed. The phone is amazing. The 1.2 ghz processor is super fast and smooth and I am connected to 4g LTE all day everyday. The huge battery on this thing makes the phone a little thicker but in the best way. The back is flat and does not have that hump for the camera like the normal razr does which gives it a much better fit in my big ol hands.

The battery is what I have been waiting for on an Android phone. My first test was to use it like I normally do everyday. I was browsing (4g is amazing btw...did I mention this before?), downloading and uploading videos/music/apps, texting, emailing, and calling all day yesterday. I woke up this morning to 10% of my battery remaining after 27 hours and 34 mins of run time. I truly think that if I let the thing run until it died i would have broken the 30 hour mark with ease. I had to put it on the charger in the office this morning since I will be away from my desk this afternoon and need my phone.

The upgrade to the Maxx is well worth every single penny of the $300 you pay IMO.

Couple of downfalls to the Razr Maxx IMO. The battery gets a bit warm if you are downloading/uploading like crazy, speaker phone BLOWS, the sides of the phone are slick and slides out of your hands until you break the phone it, and that it doesnt have ICS yet and GB is SOOOO out of style with me coming from MIUI and a rooted phone. Other than that, the phone is golden.

Speed test on my 4g LTE connection - Download: 20861 kbps, Upload: 12564 kbps :)

Bob
  2. morcguy

morcguy New Member

Loving mine too. I agree on the slippery comment. I hate cases but might need one for this phone since there is not much grip on the sides.

Display is a huge improvement from the DX.
  3. dedduck0121

dedduck0121 New Member

The display is beautiful for sure. MUCH better then DX. I ordered a case for it for no other reason than to avoid it slipping. I have dropped it twice so far because of it, thank god for the updated protection Moto has put on it!
  4. cece5702

cece5702 Member

What case did you order? If u don't mind me asking. Mine is being delivered Monday and I'm getting my accessories in order :)

Sent from my DROIDX
  5. dedduck0121

dedduck0121 New Member

I ordered both otterboxes that are out for it, the Commuter and Defender. I do a lot of fishing and hunting and need the Defender for protecting it from the elements and the commuter case will be my day to day case as long as it isnt super huge and bulky.

If the commuter is too bulky i will probably just pick up a simple silicon case until i find the right case for the phone.
  6. dedduck0121

dedduck0121 New Member

Let me tell you, I am charging my phone up for the first time (from 10%) and man o man it is taking a while fill that big ol battery. Going on 4 hours of charge time to fully fill it up! But in the long run, charging for 4 hours and running the phone for almost 30 with normal use is pretty good in my book
  7. benz0

benz0 New Member

Love mine too!! Just. Picked my up yesterday, had the regular Razr. Well worth the cash!!
  8. droidD90

droidD90 New Member

So far I am loving this maxx, came from a thunderbolt man what an improvement!

sent from my Razr MAXX!
  9. cece5702

cece5702 Member

Went to Verizon to play around with the MAXX. It's nice and it's big. Can't wait for my delivery on Monday. No Otterbox cases so I got the shell case / holster one. Hope it works ok.

Sent from my DROIDX
  10. benz0

benz0 New Member

That's the 1 I got also, it's okay for now, it does not protect top or bottom, but gives it a slim look, compare to the otterbox...
  11. dedduck0121

dedduck0121 New Member

This 4G is fast here at work

Speed Test 4g - 2-3-12.png
  12. cece5702

cece5702 Member

Oh I didn't know that it doesn't protect top or bottom. Didn't notice that. Well I'll keep mine in my purse so it should be OK I hope.

Sent from my DROIDX
  13. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

The Verizon "basket weave" case is brilliant it improves the feel of the Maxx in your hand.
    It has rounded corners and allows the back to really fill your hand.
    Plus the kick stand and belt clip is sweet.

PS the Maxx nude is also very good, my brother the iPhone fan, eye's popped when he held it this morning!
  14. dedduck0121

dedduck0121 New Member

I didnt even know they had that case out for the MAXX. I had it on my DX and loved it. I am ordering one now haha;)
  15. dsg29

dsg29 New Member

I agree with pretty much everything listed. For me, this is an upgrade after two years from the original Moto Droid. My only issue so far relates to the setup for Corporate Sync (Outlook) email...trying desperately to get rid of my work-issued Blackberry, but other than that this thing is a serious beast. Still exploring exactly how long this battery lasts and under what conditions.
  16. ccmitech

ccmitech New Member

Today makes 7 days of Droid Maxx nirvana. The culture shock of having a battery that easily lasts me through my waking hours, is disconcerting in an excellent way.

Each day, this week, I've thrown everything I could at it from streaming Shoutcast for hours, to using MotoCast to access music on my home computer. Games, Apps, Logmein, Netlix over 3G or Wireless. It's all good.

All I can say about the battery life is wow.

Screen is great and such an improvement over my OG droid. Processor speed, application multitasking, phone calls. Everything is sweet.

Only small hangup is the low volume of speakerphone but I'm a geeky bluetooth type so that's no issue with my old Plantronics Voyager 520 hanging from my ear. Plan to have a Blueant Q2 next week so I can stream Coast2Coast, Stern and Inforwars.

Really like the SmartActions, as well. When I get into the Scion xB and plug the mini-stereo from the headphone jack to the AUX, Winamp pops up and it's easy to hit Favorites and drive.

It's 11pm EST now. 16 hours into the charge and have managed to get down to 10% by abusing everything I can. Hopefully Slacker radio can take it on down so I can see the bottom for once.
  17. tomad9

tomad9 New Member

Download question

I was wondering if there was something I am missing. I set my storage to save to the SD Card but someone sent me a message with a picture and when I downlaoded it, the picture was saved to my phone not the SD Card. I had to manually move it. Is this right or is there a setting I missed.
    Thank you
  18. egpowers

egpowers New Member

Originally bought a Razr in November, my biggest grip has been battery life. I'm a trucker but also in the last 2 months I've had to travel out of town for family emergencies 3 times. Hence a lot of time in airports and on planes. Have a car charger in each car, and the semi, as well as two seperate wall chargers and a power cell.

Verizon gave me a smokin' deal for a Maxx, neither the wife nor I are ready for an upgrade yet, but they gave me the upgrade price for a Maxx since I was giving her my regular Razr and she was upgrading from a non-smart phone to a smart phone. Recieved it Weds. night, activated it, charged didn't get to set my time frames till Thursday. Battery use on Thursday was not good. Took the phone off the charger at 5 am, no gaming use, but tons of cellular data use for downloading apps. By 6 pm when I got home it was down to 15% battery, oh and I had to give it a 40 minute charge during the day at work.

Charged it that night, went all day Friday, roaming, multiple calls, surfing the web, FB use, etc. and played about an hr of angry birds. Still at 30% charge when I plugged it in about 8:30 pm. What difference in battery life. Need to make a couple of tweaks to the time frames, as well as turn off the auto updates for my apps and the battery should last even longer.

I agree, the outer case is much slipperier than the regular Razr, dropped it in the semi a few times the last two days. Ordered an otterbox for it as a result. So far, loving this one more than my regular Razr.
  19. xxwabbit

xxwabbit Member

I got my razr today. What's everyone think of the display? As soon as I tilt the screen in any direction, there is a green or bluish tint. I didn't see it at the store. Not a deal breaker I don't think,yet. Otherwise a major upgrade from the og Droid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  20. cbreze

cbreze New Member

Had mine one week. Fantastic device. Loving it and will be for a long time to come. With no LTE here, but coming later this year, when that hits it'll be like an upgrade all over again. Ha, Ha! Great phone!!:biggrin:
Search tags for this page

lovin razor tool