Love the updated Shapewriter

eskanday

Reaction score
i never used swype but I was happy today to use shapewriter after the update. it is free. It has double function for the keys (numbers and symbols) and the numbers keys are big and easy to use.
I love his app

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm interested to see.... give Swype a try and then give an update on the differences. :)

LakeMountD

Reaction score
I'm interested to see.... give Swype a try and then give an update on the differences. :)

Downloaded it and tried it but I don't like it as much as swype for a few reasons although there are a few things I also like better. Swype seems to pick up words that I don't do very sharply but I meant to write. I can go crazy on swype and it always seems to pick the correct word. Also with Shapewriter you don't do the little circle when you do double letters like "l-i-t-t-l-e", you just go directly over the t's but I noticed with most words it doesn't seem to pick up on it as well and I felt myself choosing the word more than it guessed it, which slowed things up.

Not dissing the program, I am glad to see some competition, just needs some improvement. I am very happy to see it is free. THANKS to the developer for working so hard on it. I think I have just gotten used to Swype.

OP
E

eskanday

Reaction score
i just prefer shapewriter because it is on the market and i do not have to get swype via the SD card + it will be updated continuously. The already made a nice update today.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i just prefer shapewriter because it is on the market and i do not have to get swype via the SD card + it will be updated continuously. The already made a nice update today.
To each their own... nice thing about open source platform, we have choices :)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
i never used swype but I was happy today to use shapewriter after the update. it is free. It has double function for the keys (numbers and symbols) and the numbers keys are big and easy to use.
I love his app

Thanks for the update (or rather your impression of the update). I've been meaning to d/l Shapewriter since we learned (supposedly) that our versions of Swype were 'limited.' I'll have to give it a try. I agree with you about using something on the market that will continually receive updates. It's also been on the iPhone store for a while so it's got quite of bit of use (and great reviews) over there so they should be able to get it perfected (so to speak) for our Droids soon.

Droman

Reaction score
I've been using a virtual keyboard called SlideIT for a while. This looks very similar. And I think SlideIT has been around for years !!!
Now I have found SlideIT for Android video:
[video=youtube;229U0ZYPum8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=229U0ZYPum8[/video]
SlideIT- Mobile Text Input - Download