1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

love the rom but cant get custom ringtones to play

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM D2' started by cydetrakd, Jan 13, 2011.

1. cydetrakd

cydetrakd New Member

i have the same issue i have with every rom i have tried with the exception of apex and squidlyrom where when i setup custom ringtones for individual callers they always go to the default ringtone. I thought about it last night it might be because apex and squidly allows me to use the stock moto dialer instead of the asop one.

I am using the free app ringdroid available on the android market to make my custom ringtones is this the reason why none of the roms that doesn't use the blur dialer causes it to always ring with my default. As an idea i even used root explorer and deleted all the stock ringtones and then pasted my custom ones and it will work every once in awhile.

What app does everyone else use to make custom ringtones out of mp3s on this rom cause obviously ringdroid isn't compatible with the d2 unlike my og droid where it worked with every rom i tried flawlessly. I'm diggin this rom and would like to resolve this issue once and for all.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. ultima

ultima New Member

i still make mine on my laptop but i havent noticed probs using diff ROMs, and i KNOW not on Liberty bc it just rang like 5 minutes ago

ill try ringdroid to see if i get your same prob
  3. kejar31

kejar31 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Please try the "how to guide" in the sticky
  4. ultima

ultima New Member

just made a ringdroid ringtone and it worked 100%...set it to 3 diff contacts and all played the ringtone
  5. jschoef

jschoef New Member

That app didn't work for with the system sounds.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  6. roboots21

roboots21 Member

Tone Picker kept FC'ing on me.
  7. jschoef

jschoef New Member

App didn't work with custom tones either.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  8. cydetrakd

cydetrakd New Member

Its crazy but atleast i know its not just me when I get off of work I will read the guide hopefully it will solve this issue. Its not just an issue with this rom but any rom on the d2 that doesn't have the blur dialer.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  9. cydetrakd

cydetrakd New Member

kejar i looked at the sticky for the guides didnt see a guide for the custom ringtone. i tried mp3 ringtone maker with the same results. i've wiped and reinstalled the rom twice with the same results.

what apps if any does everyone recommend to make custom ringtones work on this rom.
  10. cydetrakd

cydetrakd New Member

i ventured over to the droidx forum section and saw the sticky that kejar31 posted about custom ringtones not working so to ultima where did you place the ringtones you made from your pc and what program did u use to make them. I am going to try to make them with audacity and i will post if it works or not for me.

i'd like to see the option to have the blur dialer as an addon i'm going to search the market for 3rd party dialers this might fix it i hope. the rom is fantastic just not diggin my one ringtone for everyone. I hope someone figures how to make the contacts local or maybe trick the phone to thinking it's a local contact just for custom tones.
  11. ultima

ultima New Member

the ringdroid tone i made had to go to default bc i dont know where it is lol

and now i know why lol i already have a media folder on my sdcard and its set up like ringdroids /sdcard/media/ringtones

i use Xilosoft Ringtone Maker on the pc...idk the limitations on the free download, i have the paid one. i make on laptop then put them in that media/ringtones folder...i guess since ringdroid worked for me i can now use it also
  12. cydetrakd

cydetrakd New Member

i guess im one of the few that feels the lack of custom ringtones is a deal breaker. i mean it worked it on the asop phone on the og droid why not this one?
  13. cydetrakd

cydetrakd New Member

a fix for this issue in the next release just to let everyone know
Search tags for this page

how come none of my custom made ringtones will play just the

htc liberty custom mp3 ringtone -download

liberty rom cant change ringtone

liberty rom droid x custom ringtones

ringtone maker problems with rom