1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Love the droid...but i think i have a lemon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by bobhamm16, Jan 2, 2010.

1. bobhamm16

bobhamm16 New Member

i HAVE MY DROID FOR A LITTLE OVER A MONTH....SO FAR I HAVE HAD ISSUES WITH THE GPS NOT GETTING A SIGNAL. VERIZON CLEARED THE PHONE AND RESET LIKE IT JUST CAME OUT OF THE BOX....IT WORKS BETTER BUT NOT LIKE IT SHOULD.....NOW IT RANDOMLY SLEEPS WHEN USING THE PHONE AND LATER ON TODAY IT SHUT OFF COMPLETY AND WOULD NOT TURN BACK ON.....TOMORROW I AM RETURNING IT TO VERIZON AND I DON'T WANT IT FIXED.....I WANT IT REPLACED. i SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY FOR THIS PHONE TO HAVE ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS....OTHER THAN THESE PROBLEMS, I REALLY LIKE MY DROID ALOT
  2. boatman2220

boatman2220 New Member

Sorry you're having problems. Get it replaced, try it with just bare apps at first and make sure it's working right. Hope the new one serves you well.
  3. snowman

snowman New Member

my camera was messed up and even with a hard reset it wouldn't work, replaced it and all is well.
    it would take a picture while saving it lock up and re start
  4. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon New Member

I just got off the phone with my son not 30 minutes ago. We both have Motorola Droids, but he was having odd problems with his, mostly little things, but his would frequently "reset" itself. It got pretty annoying and it kept getting worse.

Today he took it back and they gave him a new one. He hasn't yet had it long enough to know how this new one will perform for him, but I think it's safe to say he will have better luck.

I have only had mine now for about 2 1/2 weeks, I have had *none* of the issues I read about on Droid forums. I really believe the vast majority of the Droids are rock-solid.

I have to agree with the others here advising you to exchange it for a new one. The store does not have the time to try to fix it, unless it is something *really* simple. You will just get a new one, and I'm betting you will be very happy with it.