Love my rezound, found a few MINOR issues.

mikeyman67

Reaction score
I was reading a couple of people complaining about Go Launcher on some other forum. I have no experience with it because I prefer ADW, but for now I'm trying to get used to sense and all it's quirks so I can tell the less informed why they should change launchers lol.

I think Sense is OK, but don't like the bottom bar being non customizable, so I run Go Launcher and its running great here. I ran cleantool from scottsroms.com and froze all the bloatware and Sense and I am a happy guy right now. I have the ICS theme on Go Launcher until ICS comes to this one for real.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
My biggest issue with this phone so far is the unreliable mail sync. Sometimes I have to sync 2 or even three times for it to see new messages.

My other issue is the lack of ability to change the flashing led color with GO SMS. From what I've read elsewhere, the led can do other colors but it will take root to get that to work.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
My biggest issue with this phone so far is the unreliable mail sync. Sometimes I have to sync 2 or even three times for it to see new messages.

My other issue is the lack of ability to change the flashing led color with GO SMS. From what I've read elsewhere, the led can do other colors but it will take root to get that to work.

Really? Not being able to change your flashing LED is an issue? Man, that's a tad on the petty side huh? The mail sync thing is a real issue though.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Really? Not being able to change your flashing LED is an issue? Man, that's a tad on the petty side huh?

How's that petty? I didn't say it was a serious issue but since I've been able to do it with all my Moto phones since my Droid OG, it's kind of annoying that I can't on the latest and greatest HTC.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
How's that petty? I didn't say it was a serious issue but since I've been able to do it with all my Moto phones since my Droid OG, it's kind of annoying that I can't on the latest and greatest HTC.

Some thing that small shouldn't be even worth mentioning but hey if that's a issue to you then that's all on you. Still a tight piece of work though.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that even after just a few days of usage, I miss the customizable LED on the Gnex. One of those things that doesn't sound like a big deal unless you're used to having it as an option.

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Some thing that small shouldn't be even worth mentioning but hey if that's a issue to you then that's all on you.

Dude... the title of the thread contains "MINOR issues" to stress that the thread contains issues that are not a huge deal. What you feel necessitates a mention or not isn't what this forum is all about. Nor is it "All on me" as you say because, hang onto your hat, there are other people that miss this ability too. That's why there are threads mentioning it in almost every Rezound related forum.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
My biggest issue with this phone so far is the unreliable mail sync. Sometimes I have to sync 2 or even three times for it to see new messages.My other issue is the lack of ability to change the flashing led color with GO SMS. From what I've read elsewhere, the led can do other colors but it will take root to get that to work.
Someone emailed HTC and they said that the LED only does orange and green. Again this is all heresay until we get full access to the OS. Until then don't believe anything you read without actual proof. I believe this is in a thread on XDA. On the mail issue, as I've stated before use K-9 and leave your power settings on Performance.

mjh68

Reaction score
Speaking of the Email, I recently picked up a Rezound to replace my OG Droid. I am not sure how, but when i signed into Gmail and set my phone up the other email client also got synced to Gmail. How do I get rid of Gmail on the generic mail client ? As of now, I am getting duplicate emails and duplicate alerts everytime I get mail to my Gmail account.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Speaking of the Email, I recently picked up a Rezound to replace my OG Droid. I am not sure how, but when i signed into Gmail and set my phone up the other email client also got synced to Gmail. How do I get rid of Gmail on the generic mail client ? As of now, I am getting duplicate emails and duplicate alerts everytime I get mail to my Gmail account.

I deleted my account from Gmail app on the phone then went to applications and manage applications. Force stop and clear defaults. Now I never get the duplicates.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Dude... the title of the thread contains "MINOR issues" to stress that the thread contains issues that are not a huge deal. What you feel necessitates a mention or not isn't what this forum is all about. Nor is it "All on me" as you say because, hang onto your hat, there are other people that miss this ability too. That's why there are threads mentioning it in almost every Rezound related forum.

I'm late on this response, by why are your panties in a wad about what I said? The LED light isn't an issue, it's more of a functionality. The LED light have nothing to do with the phone not doing what it is supposed to do. And I wasn't even goin' hard on you about it, but you got an "atomic wedgie" over it. Geeez. relax guy!

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I'm late on this response, by why are your panties in a wad about what I said? The LED light isn't an issue, it's more of a functionality. The LED light have nothing to do with the phone not doing what it is supposed to do. And I wasn't even goin' hard on you about it, but you got an "atomic wedgie" over it. Geeez. relax guy!

Obviously you put more "I care about your opinion" weight into that than it deserved. Continue being a child but I'm done ruining the thread.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There have been no irrational opinions stated so far, and plus, they're opinions... everybody's entitled to them. Let's stop with the petty bickering over opinions and semantics.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep it civil please, thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk