Love my rezound, found a few MINOR issues.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I am not bashing my phone. I love my Rezound, but I did find a few minor issues so far. No deal breakers AT ALL.

Mail - Sometimes it doesn't sync up as it should. I put it on check every 5 minutes, but sometimes when I am expecting an e-mail and I go to check it, the last time it was refreshed was over 5 minutes ago. One time it was over 10 minutes. Had to do a manual refesh.

Mail - I don't know if this an issue. It's probably subjective. I'm coming from a moto phone. So when scrolling down to look for older messages (not using search) it wont ask at the bottom to 'load more messages'. Instead you have the option of the phone populating however many messages you e-mail account has or you can tell it to populate the messages up to 1 day old or up to a week old I think. I think I'd rather have it load more messages when I tell it to that way all those messages aren't sitting in my phone taking up space (not that it's makes a difference.)

Stock music player - When switching from song to song, I notice there is not a smooth transition. Not a huge issue, but is there a cross fader to assist in this?

Wifi - I'm not sure if this is due to me just installing juice defender, but I notice while on Wifi last night, my data usage increase ever so slightly. Used up like .010 while on wifi. It can add up. I'm thinking that this is because of juice defender. I just installed it last night and it's the first time I had the issue of wifi dropping.

Third Party laucher (Go launcher) - I noticed that it take a slight bit of time to populate the icons when coming off of sleep. I know other phones do it to. Just thought I'd mention it.

trace keyboard - I don't know what this is, but i've tried to activate it and it doesn't seem to be working.

Airplane mode - I'm not sure if this is a GO switch issue, or an issue with the phone itself, but yesterday it took a while to get my 4G signal back after coming out of airplane mode. Took longer than expected, but it wasn't bad. Was like about a minute. I figured that it would take a short time. But, I'm glad that it doesn't drop the signal when it is on 4G or 3G.

So yeah, just a few issues I've found other than some other issues I had with streamlining the use. Like in the photo gallery. I'd like to be able to go tot he gallery and long press a pic and open up more options to share or something. Rather than having to press share on the bottom, then check the pics I want to send. I would be nice to have both options.

You guys find any more minor issues? Maybe an OTA Update in the coming months? Not that it really needs it. Still a kick butt phone.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, all the native email apps suck. Try K-9, it's worked well for me for the last two years.
Stock music player also sucks. Grab the google music player, which also plugs you into google music if you're into that...I am.
Wifi....hmmm..did you send or receive an MMS? That goes over the carrier data network only.
From what I've heard Go launcher sucks on this phone. Try Launcher pro or ADW.
Trace Keyboard also has issues. I switched to better keyboard and never looked back.
Airplane mode...never tried it so I wouldn't know. But remember that you're actually switching the radio off/on just like a cold boot so it might take longer than say switching back and forth from 3G mode to 4G mode.
On the gallery issue...you can. I long press a pic and get a whole list of options...share being amongst them.

Hope the info above helps.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I ought to try out this K-9. I tried it when I had a bionic. I don't remember the issues I had with it, but I ditched it.
The stock music player isn't bad at all though. What do you find bad about it?
And the wifi, hmmmmm well it might have been a pic I got, so that might explain it.
Might have to switch launchers then. I used the others too. All of them are good, so I'll give em a shot.
What keyboard did you go with? I am using slide it. it's ok, but there are issue with it. Like it has a hard time when I try and press two capital letters in a row.
Oh, and I mispoke. the part that doesn't give me options on long press is when you are in the camera and then you look at the pics that have been taken with it. I long press and it doesn't do anything. Unless I'm not pressing long enough. haha.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope you're 100% right about the camera pictures not sharing. You have to hit the share link at the bottom. I've never liked the stock music player, from the layout to the lack of options. I used Winamp(they so need to change that name), then Poweramp, now Google Music. As for keyboards, I settled on Better Keyboard because it's more like what I'm used to coming from the DX. At the very least Better Keyboard can be skinned, has good text prediction and has a ton of options. If you're looking for a swype clone, I have no clue since I can't type on them at all.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
I use power amp before. Great player. IM scared to buy music on google music. Had some bad experience with itunes. can you explain how it keeps track of things I buy? I've lost things bought through itunes. Couldn't get it back. Does google have a remedy for that?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I really have no clue, as I have no intention on buying music through Google Music. I uploaded my personal library into their cloud storage and stream it to my devices. Google hasn't made a dime directly from me, unless you consider selling off all of my personal information, location, spending habits etc...come to think of it I think they might owe me for doing them such a favor..hahaha

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use power amp before. Great player. IM scared to buy music on google music. Had some bad experience with itunes. can you explain how it keeps track of things I buy? I've lost things bought through itunes. Couldn't get it back. Does google have a remedy for that?

Personally, I'm too much of a control freak - I always buy off of Amazon, download the mp3's and put them in my folder that's synced between computers and synced with Google Music.

Google hasn't made a dime directly from me, unless you consider selling off all of my personal information, location, spending habits etc...come to think of it I think they might owe me for doing them such a favor..hahaha

ain't that the truth... lol

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Wait, you can upload to their cloud? How much space are you allotted? and how is it on data? I'd be using my music when I'm outside of my wifi connection.

And you say you sync music through google music? So if you lose it some how, some way, on one device then you have it on google music?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait, you can upload to their cloud? How much space are you allotted? and how is it on data? I'd be using my music when I'm outside of my wifi connection.

And you say you sync music through google music? So if you lose it some how, some way, on one device then you have it on google music?

You install Google Music on your computer and it keeps whatever folders you select in sync with their cloud - therefore you can have cloud access to your music via music.google.com any time you want. I think the limit is 20,000 songs right now - it's pretty slick.

Due to data limitations (yes, I lost unlimited data...) I keep my most listened to stuff on my sd card, but for anything else I use Google Music to listen to on my phone.

To keep my music in sync across our computers I use Sugarsync. I've also used Windows Live Mesh for that and it works really well as it's peer to peer.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Something I really will consider. And this should make sharing music with my GF easy

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
funny that you say that. I went and downloaded the other launchers. Found myself going back to Go Launcher. Something just nice about it. There is more fluidity to the things you can do....other than dragging and dropping icons to another home screen. That is a royal PAIN!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got the extended battery on this thing... man it makes it a beast. Almost a quarter inch thicker than the Bionic with the extended battery.

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Yeah, i got that too. Hence the reason I am only going to use when I know I'll need it. Even though it makes it a bit chunky the contours kinda lessen the annoyance as it isn't to bad to hold in your hand without a case. but with that case/holster combo they sell, it make it like a friggin tortoise.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Huh? I am using Go Launcher (as I do on every phone) and it screams. No issues here at all.

I was reading a couple of people complaining about Go Launcher on some other forum. I have no experience with it because I prefer ADW, but for now I'm trying to get used to sense and all it's quirks so I can tell the less informed why they should change launchers lol.