LOVE my new Droid 3! (upgrade from D1)

checker555

Reaction score
First, I was nervous about getting a dud, but seems good out of the box. My D1 had gotten SO slow and laggy, and kept getting low on memory even though I couldn't find any more apps that would let me move them to the SD card...it was really on its last legs.

The D3 is a breath of fresh air! I love so many small things about it, starting with the power button that bugs some...I always found it toggled too easily on the D1, so I like the change. I love that the speaker is not a recessed dust collector as on the D1. The new keyboard is terrific, and I like having Swype native rather than the beta app add-on that I kept having to re-install.

I like the quick-contact icons on the home screen a lot, as well as how snappy screen-scrolling and app drawer are.

Call quality has been good, and I was always one of the cheek-dialers with the D1 and I haven't had that happen once yet (but it's only been a day). Battery life isn't bugging me yet, but I'm expecting it to be lame for the first few cycles. I did turn off the global radio and have it using only CDMA.

The screen looks really good to me. The only minor grumble I have is that my hands aren't huge, and it's a bit awkward to grasp the larger phone now, and it feels notably heavier (probably mostly in my head due to the awkward grabbing size). I'm sure I'll adjust, though, because I am LOVING this phone! I almost held out for the Bionic, but my D1 was dying too quickly and I really wanted the keyboard (and doubt I need 4G).

If you liked your D1, you will NOT be disappointed with the D3, I think. It's all that and a bag of chips.

mr4r4n

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i had a droid 1 then a incredible which got stolen, and went back to the d1, i had to get a new one because my d1's screen was shattered and i was waiting for a bionic but after the wait till sept which i cant do between the d1's space,battery and screen issues i just figured i dont need the 4g yet, and got the d3, im loving it even the blur is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch nicer then the previous versions by a long shot, im glad we all enjoy this thing dancedroid

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
I'm jealous I don't have mine yet still rocking the og gonna get mine Sunday

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I went to get one today and was told no stores within 500 miles have them in stock so they had to order it for me. Should be here Monday they said.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous I don't have mine yet still rocking the og gonna get mine Sunday

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I went to get one today and was told no stores within 500 miles have them in stock so they had to order it for me. Should be here Monday they said.

Every big store in this state seems to be sold out here, too. I went in cause I'm returning this D3 for a different one, they checked every store and none had it, so they ordered me one online somewhere else with free overnight shipping. But yes, love this phone!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

militant

Reaction score
Cheek dialing should be kept at a minimum thanks to the proximity sensor. I believe the D1 may have had one, (not sure, i had an LG ally) but none-the-less it has been perfected in the D3 and I haven't come close to having that issue yet.

Riley

Reaction score
I am test driving a D3 on loan for a few days and really liking it so far. I have an upgrade available to me starting today. I still have my rooted D1, but turned it off and put it away while I evaluate this D3.......its looking good as my top pick for an upgrade so far!

aramos87

Reaction score
I am test driving a D3 on loan for a few days and really liking it so far. I have an upgrade available to me starting today. I still have my rooted D1, but turned it off and put it away while I evaluate this D3.......its looking good as my top pick for an upgrade so far!

Well if you liked the OG Droid, you're going to love the Droid 3. well in my opinion anyways, personally I had the OG, D2G, and DX. And now the D3, which to me has been the best one out of the phones I've had. The version of Blur on it isnt horrible, it looks nicer at least and the phones speed when using alternate launcher apps is amazing ( still not bad on stock launcher ). Some say the screen could be better, but honestly I love the screen it has good resolution without killing battery life. Have fun with it!!