1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

love my new $500 paper weight

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by simpleman1973, May 8, 2011.

1. simpleman1973

simpleman1973 New Member

i am new to all thisnd thought id give it a try, recently bought a droid x and love all its capabilaties. have rooted it backed it up , bootstrapper and all that. succesfully put darkslide on and loved it ......... dcided to put rubix on and try it BRICKED IT!!!!!!!!! now i have a beautiful paper weight:) i bought another x and am scared o put any new rom on it. anyone with info on links for safe roms please help also on how to repair my phone would be cool
  2. ldopa

ldopa New Member

Did you try to sbf before declaring it bricked? From what I understand its rare to actually brick a phone (not that it doesn't happen!)

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!
  3. simpleman1973

simpleman1973 New Member

probably right

no i dont know howto do all that, i can get into the boot menu but nothing from there. when i turn it on just the motorola M comes up and stays up.... cant turn it off or anything
  4. UNC

UNC New Member

You shoulda asked on this forum before you declared it "Bricked".... If it makes it to any kind of recovery or hboot menu it is usually SBF-able. Try to SBF it back now...

*** EDIT
    SBF HELP!!!
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  5. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Beta Team

You're not bricked, use rsd lite and the sbf for your phone(there are directions all over the net how to do this). Or if you can boot into recovery try wiping and flash the ROM you had working prior to you having this issue. Sounds like you didn't wipe thoroughly enough prior to flashing another ROM.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. simpleman1973

simpleman1973 New Member

how do i sbf it back ? dont i need a bunch of files and all??????
  7. satoru

satoru New Member

You should have done an sbf. Flashing is very simple, sbf is the same thing. You are flashing it to "out of the box" state. Only reason that you may have bricked is because the rom contained a non dx kernal. Go to google and type "dx sbf". I see people all the time have problems and complain but they do not even do a google search! I just flashed my d2g last night from fission 2.4.3 - (sbf) - fenom 0.9.3b in about 45 min. That is with doing a nandroid and titanium backup.
    Edit: just saw your post. Make sure you google and download the dx sbf file and rsdlite. That all you need. Its very simple there is a quick 6 step process on the forums. Do a search.
    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  8. simpleman1973

simpleman1973 New Member

every where i look it seems only partial info is avilable. im not very good at puzzles :icon_eek:
  9. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

You can find SBF help in my sig for your DX and I am confident that you can fix this. You have to be careful using the term bricked because there are quite a few here that probably didn't respond with help after reading you say that you bricked your device for 2 reasons.

A) if it was actually bricked there is no help
    B) people tend to get frustrated with the misuse of the term bricked.

FYI....this is how you fix a bricked device.
    View attachment 32626
  10. maniaryan

maniaryan New Member

You are the reason why all of us are getting locked bootloaders, research before dabbling in something you don't know

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  11. simpleman1973

simpleman1973 New Member

thank you giving this a try now. have the rsdlite and looking for the other
  12. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

Just make sure you have the newest RSD (I believe it's 4.9) as well as the most updated drivers for your device which you can get from Motorolla's website.

Where are you located BTW?
  13. satoru

satoru New Member

Team black hat offers the sbf files that's where I got mine for my d2g.

Edit: 4.9 is the newest version. All the drivers should update but if they don't I think there is a package for them as well. I did not need it so im not 100% on that.
  14. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

He didn't say anything about filing an insurance claim for it...or a warranty claim, he just said he bought a new one. He hasn't said whether or not he has done anything wrong in regards to Motorola/Verizon so besides jumping the gun on buying a new DX, I'm not sure he did anything wrong...unless he states otherwise.
  15. satoru

satoru New Member

Good point, didn't see this post. Don't flame the guy for making a simple mistake all he did was buy a new one which he should return for his money if possible because im sure his first one will be working soon enough. I highly doubt one person sending their phone would cause moto to lock the bootloader >>

16. ldopa

ldopa New Member

Dude you can totally do it and once you do, you will have a new found confidence in modding your phone. I made sure before I flashed a rom that I knew how to sbf, just in case. Hopefully this is a lesson learned!

Sent from my Liberated DROID2
  17. patfactorx

patfactorx New Member

Its funny that I can brick a phone and not a laptop even though they are the same price now.

18. sacnotsack

sacnotsack New Member

You didn't brick ur phone. Same thing happens to a buddy of mine going from Rubix focused to rubix blurry. Use rsd lite to get back to stock and try again.

Btw i have only Seen one truly bricked phone. When i couldn't fix it, i asked for help. No one could help. It was a true brick. Wouldn't turn on at all. Wouldn't charge. Nothing. It was useless

Sent from Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Az
  19. simpleman1973

simpleman1973 New Member

thank you every one im working on it now...... hope i get it right ill let everyone know:)
  20. simpleman1973

simpleman1973 New Member

BTW im located in portland or