love my new $500 paper weight

simpleman1973

Reaction score
i am new to all thisnd thought id give it a try, recently bought a droid x and love all its capabilaties. have rooted it backed it up , bootstrapper and all that. succesfully put darkslide on and loved it ......... dcided to put rubix on and try it BRICKED IT!!!!!!!!! now i have a beautiful paper weight:) i bought another x and am scared o put any new rom on it. anyone with info on links for safe roms please help also on how to repair my phone would be cool

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you try to sbf before declaring it bricked? From what I understand its rare to actually brick a phone (not that it doesn't happen!)

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

OP
S

simpleman1973

Reaction score
probably right

no i dont know howto do all that, i can get into the boot menu but nothing from there. when i turn it on just the motorola M comes up and stays up.... cant turn it off or anything

UNC

Reaction score
no i dont know howto do all that, i can get into the boot menu but nothing from there. when i turn it on just the motorola M comes up and stays up.... cant turn it off or anything

You shoulda asked on this forum before you declared it "Bricked".... If it makes it to any kind of recovery or hboot menu it is usually SBF-able. Try to SBF it back now...

*** EDIT
SBF HELP!!!

Last edited:

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
You're not bricked, use rsd lite and the sbf for your phone(there are directions all over the net how to do this). Or if you can boot into recovery try wiping and flash the ROM you had working prior to you having this issue. Sounds like you didn't wipe thoroughly enough prior to flashing another ROM.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S

simpleman1973

Reaction score
how do i sbf it back ? dont i need a bunch of files and all??????

satoru

Reaction score
You should have done an sbf. Flashing is very simple, sbf is the same thing. You are flashing it to "out of the box" state. Only reason that you may have bricked is because the rom contained a non dx kernal. Go to google and type "dx sbf". I see people all the time have problems and complain but they do not even do a google search! I just flashed my d2g last night from fission 2.4.3 - (sbf) - fenom 0.9.3b in about 45 min. That is with doing a nandroid and titanium backup.
Edit: just saw your post. Make sure you google and download the dx sbf file and rsdlite. That all you need. Its very simple there is a quick 6 step process on the forums. Do a search.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
S

simpleman1973

Reaction score
every where i look it seems only partial info is avilable. im not very good at puzzles :icon_eek:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can find SBF help in my sig for your DX and I am confident that you can fix this. You have to be careful using the term bricked because there are quite a few here that probably didn't respond with help after reading you say that you bricked your device for 2 reasons.

A) if it was actually bricked there is no help
B) people tend to get frustrated with the misuse of the term bricked.

FYI....this is how you fix a bricked device.
View attachment 32626

maniaryan

Reaction score
You are the reason why all of us are getting locked bootloaders, research before dabbling in something you don't know

OP
S

simpleman1973

Reaction score
thank you giving this a try now. have the rsdlite and looking for the other

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you have the newest RSD (I believe it's 4.9) as well as the most updated drivers for your device which you can get from Motorolla's website.

Where are you located BTW?

satoru

Reaction score
Team black hat offers the sbf files that's where I got mine for my d2g.

Edit: 4.9 is the newest version. All the drivers should update but if they don't I think there is a package for them as well. I did not need it so im not 100% on that.

Last edited:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
You are the reason why all of us are getting locked bootloaders, research before dabbling in something you don't know

He didn't say anything about filing an insurance claim for it...or a warranty claim, he just said he bought a new one. He hasn't said whether or not he has done anything wrong in regards to Motorola/Verizon so besides jumping the gun on buying a new DX, I'm not sure he did anything wrong...unless he states otherwise.

satoru

Reaction score

He didn't say anything about filing an insurance claim for it...or a warranty claim, he just said he bought a new one. He hasn't said whether or not he has done anything wrong in regards to Motorola/Verizon so besides jumping the gun on buying a new DX, I'm not sure he did anything wrong.

Good point, didn't see this post. Don't flame the guy for making a simple mistake all he did was buy a new one which he should return for his money if possible because im sure his first one will be working soon enough. I highly doubt one person sending their phone would cause moto to lock the bootloader >>