love my droid.. want to love it more!

nichols00

Reaction score
So i have had my moto droid since they were released in november.. i just recently was turned on to what root access is and roms ect. i have been reading and reading about how to root the phone. i am already running 2.1 via ota.. and i am scared to death to brick my phone... but i found thread on here that seems to be recent and really detailed. i am looking forward to getting more info and understanding more about rooting and the advantages of doing so. thus far i want to overclock my droid and get wifi tethering.. i am also very interested in changing my theme entirely. also having folders in my menu would be great! so i am gonna give it a shot and see what happens.. gonna keep reading and take all the advice i can get!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum, glad you found us. Looks like you'll be spending a great deal of time in our Hacking section. You'll want to read all the stickies to get the best information. If you need additional help we have plenty of experienced people to assist you. Good luck and enjoy the Forum.

jtydroid

Reaction score
You'll be happy to know that the many many trailblazers before us have made rooting a process so elementary, it should almost come stock...

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So i have had my moto droid since they were released in november.. i just recently was turned on to what root access is and roms ect. i have been reading and reading about how to root the phone. i am already running 2.1 via ota.. and i am scared to death to brick my phone... but i found thread on here that seems to be recent and really detailed. i am looking forward to getting more info and understanding more about rooting and the advantages of doing so. thus far i want to overclock my droid and get wifi tethering.. i am also very interested in changing my theme entirely. also having folders in my menu would be great! so i am gonna give it a shot and see what happens.. gonna keep reading and take all the advice i can get!

Welcome to the forum, nichols00! Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

OP
N

nichols00

Reaction score
My starting question is " will I have problems using my netbook?" It has xp service pack 3. I know a lot of u probably have more funds than I do and r on vista or even win 7. I have used rsdlite when flashing prl's and basic template updates on customers phones... and when I download different roms does each rom have to be installed in the recovery mode when I want to use it?