Love my droid...but

D

df34a343

I have encountered some problems after just a few days of having it. Nothing major, but annoying nonetheless. For starters when I go to compose a new message and click on the "To" bar and start filling out who I want to send the message to, the autofil doesnt work. For that matter, even when I type out the contacts full name, the message doesnt send to them, making it literally impossible to send a message that way unless I know that persons number by heart. I have tried reboots, but with no success.

In addition to this, I have noticed that my phone seems to be running slower than it did when I first bought it. I have gone back and forth with advanced task killer, and while I am convinced that it does help speed things up, I have uninstalled it after all that I have read online. Back to the original problem though, it seems that nearly everything is running slower now. From switching between the homepages to using yellowbook. Since I know someone will ask, I only have about 10 additional apps installed, all of which are widely used by others.

I love my droid, but there are 1 or 2 more problems on top of these that seem to be evading me right now. Granted, most of these are small problems and I have always been hypersensitive to things like this, but its frustrating nonetheless. I am just wondering if certain Droids can be glitchy or whats going on here.

Thanks for the help guys

NickWgnr

Reaction score
If your still under warranty get a new one, you may have just got a bad droid.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's always the possibility that an app could be causing problems with the rest of the device.

The auto-fill with SMS should work, you're absolutely correct. Two or three letters into the name of the recipient your Droid should be providing you with possible contacts matching the letters you've entered.

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Try this:
Menu>Settings>AboutPhone>BatteryUse
This will show you whats using alot of your battery power and will most likely help show you the problem if it is app related.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

R1Lover

Reaction score
Take it back, get your money back, then don't come back here either... lol it's clear with your user name that you are up to no good here so why even bother?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Take it back, get your money back, then don't come back here either... lol it's clear with your user name that you are up to no good here so why even bother?

+1

no need for trolls here

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Menu
Settings
Language & Keyboard Settings
Android Keyboard
check "Show suggestions" and "Auto-complete"

OP
D

df34a343

Did you even read my name? It says Forum Registration Sucks, not I am going to troll, or I hate motorola droids, its simply an expression of how I feel regarding forums these days. All I want to do was ask a simple question, but most places make you jump through hoops to do just that (I will say that this site was nice and easy however). Granted it was a poor choice in names but I was rather frustrated when I made it.

Moving on.

Thanks to those of you who did post helpful replies though, going to go to my local verizon store tomorrow and see whats what. The fact that the auto fill isnt working says to me that its some sort of problem with the phone itself. Its strange though, ONE of my contacts does work with the auto-fill but only one. Weird right? Could it have to do with the fact the my contacts were all transfered from an AT&T sim card? But then why would that one number work?

Edit: Both show suggestions and auto-complete were already turned on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Also try
Menu
Settings
Search
Searchable items
make sure contacts is selected.

OP
D

df34a343

Contacts were selected as well. I dunno whats up.

droidilac

Reaction score
I have encountered some problems after just a few days of having it. Nothing major, but annoying nonetheless. For starters when I go to compose a new message and click on the "To" bar and start filling out who I want to send the message to, the autofil doesnt work. For that matter, even when I type out the contacts full name, the message doesnt send to them, making it literally impossible to send a message that way unless I know that persons number by heart. I have tried reboots, but with no success.

In addition to this, I have noticed that my phone seems to be running slower than it did when I first bought it. I have gone back and forth with advanced task killer, and while I am convinced that it does help speed things up, I have uninstalled it after all that I have read online. Back to the original problem though, it seems that nearly everything is running slower now. From switching between the homepages to using yellowbook. Since I know someone will ask, I only have about 10 additional apps installed, all of which are widely used by others.

I love my droid, but there are 1 or 2 more problems on top of these that seem to be evading me right now. Granted, most of these are small problems and I have always been hypersensitive to things like this, but its frustrating nonetheless. I am just wondering if certain Droids can be glitchy or whats going on here.

Thanks for the help guys

Its been my experience that if your contacts number isn't under the mobile label it won't auto fill your contact in when trying to send a message. :motdroidvert:

OP
D

df34a343

Boom! Problem solved. Thanks man. A bit odd that they would do this but, oh well.

droidilac

Reaction score
Boom! Problem solved. Thanks man. A bit odd that they would do this but, oh well.

No worries.......

When I used to be on sprint I could send text messages to landlines LoL you would get the creepy "operator voice" reading it :icon_evil: I discovered it cause some of my contacts were under home LoL now I make sure they are labeled correctly.

Are you running any other home/theme app? I have noticed that they slow my phone down as well. No biggie though I just deal with it.

Good luck with your Droid..... Don't give up on it. Ask questions and SEARCH as much as you can...:)

justbob

Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense actually. Otherwise you might try and send SMS messages to a home or work phone.

It's almost as if they knew what they were doing! :)