Love incredible, like EVO 4G more?

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
JoKool - Atlanta has it and its strong at least for me. I was able to get 11MB from a clear card when I was trying it out. I live in Roswell/Alpharetta area.

Funny thing is that AT&T is strong here and Verizon is just okay. Tmobile sucks in a lot of places. I had the HD2 and had to return it. It was awful reception and when in a building forget about it. It was useless.

Im having issues with my Droid in my apt now and I live in the exact same area off of Holcombs Bridge Rd. Im good until I get home...after that, its a wrap! They are trying to get me to take a devour which is a step down and I refuse to do it. I told them they could give me an Incredible but they said its on back order so they cant do it.
Everyone else's phone works just fine in my apt except mines.

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
I'm making the switch. I Already have mines pre ordered and a buyer for my droid. It was between the EVO and the Incredible....EVO it is and it doesnt hurt that I'll save money on my monthly bill.
The only negative so far is this 4g crap..I hear that you have to pay 10 bucks a month for it even if its not available in your area. If Atlanta doesnt already have it...we'll get it soon.

Add $4.99 a month if you want to use video calls using Qik. I wouldn't even mind the extra $10 for 4G, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a feature that comes standard on the phone.

Wow, I had no clue.....thanks for that bit of info. 4.99 isnt a deal breaker but it damn sure is annoying that they would charge for a feature that's standard. hmmmmmm

mrmomoman

Reaction score
JoKool - Atlanta has it and its strong at least for me. I was able to get 11MB from a clear card when I was trying it out. I live in Roswell/Alpharetta area.

Funny thing is that AT&T is strong here and Verizon is just okay. Tmobile sucks in a lot of places. I had the HD2 and had to return it. It was awful reception and when in a building forget about it. It was useless.

Im having issues with my Droid in my apt now and I live in the exact same area off of Holcombs Bridge Rd. Im good until I get home...after that, its a wrap! They are trying to get me to take a devour which is a step down and I refuse to do it. I told them they could give me an Incredible but they said its on back order so they cant do it.

You got a few more days :) June 4th is around the corner. Hope that Sprint's service is good. I have no problems in the Roswell Area inside or out. It sounds like a hardware problem on the phone itself.

Jokool_7777

Reaction score

You got a few more days :) June 4th is around the corner. Hope that Sprint's service is good. I have no problems in the Roswell Area inside or out. It sounds like a hardware problem on the phone itself.[/QUOTT

Thats exactly what I said. I KNOW its a hardware issue with this phone. I wanted to try the HTC and see if it helps but they are not working with me. They want me to take a cheaper phone (devour) which is still a Motorola phone and could possibly have the same problem or BUY yes I said BUY a network extender to put in my house. Both options are unacceptable in my eyes.

kmo

Reaction score
There are so many new phones coming out this summer the choices are pretty amazing actually. Motorola's new droid shadow looks like it's going to be a very cool device too. Enjoy your new Evo 4g....

gsf

Reaction score
I think the CONCEPT of the Evo 4G is exciting, having it actually perform anywhere anytime is another. The reality is its limited like any new CONCEPT, and looking at prior cell phone releases with new technology it would be smart to wait till next year and let the phone company experiment at the expense of someone else.

If you get lock into a contract and after this Christmas new and improve 4G phones get release you'll be frustrated. 4G is starting out, i wouldn't jump on it to quickly, you know they'll be some killer 4G phones coming next year this time.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score

I live not too far from you (Northridge/Roswell Rd.)... My apartment complex is a cell phone black hole. Except for AT&T, which has full bars. I refused to switch over and decided to go the Enterprise Extender route. Which is ok, but hampered buy a weak VOIP signal from Comcast. I've noticed that 3G is pretty weak in most of North Atlanta / Alpharetta.... I don't see why going from the Droid to Devour would make any difference at all....

naykam0810

Reaction score
I loved my Moto Droid, but Verizon was unable to fix my call quality issue. Their fix was to send me a HTC Droid Eris, which showed no static in phone calls, but is a very inferior phone compared to the Moto Droid. Is funny that the only time Verizon offered me the Incredible was when I called to cancel the account, which at that point I was interested anymore.

Anyway I switched to Sprint last week, and waiting on the EVO this next friday, will give it a try.