Love incredible, like EVO 4G more?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by moparharn, May 14, 2010.

1. moparharn

moparharn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking about switching to the EVO 4g when my trial period is up on the incredible. Reasons 4 are the larger screen (my eyes suck), forward facing camera, HD video, HD video out, maybe better battery life, cheaper phone bill. Reasons against are Sprint is an unkown, and the phone is physically large. The devil I know versus the one I don't.
    Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your help.

2. cesarderio57

cesarderio57 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sprint ain't worth it brother

3. hiphopvenom

hiphopvenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly sprint isNt as bad as ppl make it seem to be.. my co worker has a palm pre and his service is always good.. I work a lot in northern California and where my Droid struggles for 3g his is always at 3 to 4 bars...Although I did work at this plant in trona near death valley for 4 months and Verizon was the only carrier is have any reception upthere..

4. moparharn

moparharn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sprint

I have got 30 days to check out the service, but I won't if I can determine that the EVO is not al that great. It looks like the EVO is going to be pretty incredible, no pun intended. A big bright screen would be awefully nice for me and my messed up eyes. I think it is the same as the HTC HD2, anyone laid eyes on that phone?

5. hiphopvenom

hiphopvenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a great phone if you don't mind the size..

6. Mark_Venture

Mark_Venture Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Keep in mind Sprint/Clear's 4G coverage maps.... do you have 4G in your area? and how good is it?

Their 4G being 2.5ghz means less signal propagation per tower, and less building penetration.

7. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My boss just got the HTC HD2 (which has the same size screen as the Evo) and after playing with it, my next phone HAS to have a screen that size. It is beautiful and did not feel any bulkier than my Droid. I say go for it!

8. R24D24

R24D24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to admit the EVO sounds/looks good, but I am not sure how advanced this "4G" network is going to be. I think I will wait until I get a working one in my hand and test it out.

9. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic Member

Ratings:
    +3
    whatever floats your boat..... i went from a mdroid to a INC.. im loving the INC size.. the droid always felt to bulky for me.. its up to you.. its an android device.. youll like it..

10. moparharn

moparharn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is no 4g in Detroit, but it is not the 4g I am interested in but rather the screen size and forward facing camera. The bigger battery might get eaten up with the bigger screen. but I don't have the screen eating much power in my incerdible. I am worried about Sprint and possible roaming charges if I go over a certain amount. That screen is a big deal to me. I think I can't lose really, if after 30 days I don't like it I can go back to Verizon and the Incredible for a 2 year sign up. I would almost like to ask them to hold my phone for the trial period in case I come back. Yeah right!:)

11. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic Member

Ratings:
    +3
    is the font gonna be bigger?? dont know that it would be.. i would consider that phone if on verizon.. id wanna check the INC and EVO out side by side.. put the EVO in my pocket.. etc.. see how it feels.

12. cybertec69

cybertec69 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +113
    I feel the screen is big enough on the incredible, whats next, a laptop in your pocket, it's a phone first and foremost, and giving you access to the web and your emails is a plus, I can still remember the days of the pager, where you had to find a pay phone to call that person back.

13. naykam0810

naykam0810 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm switching to the HTC Evo, definetely. It's an awesome phone and cheap plans, u can't beat it. I'm just frustrated with verizon right now since they can't figure out the problem with my droid, anyway good luck with that bro.

14. Aluminum21

Aluminum21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it will be sweet phone even though the screen is to big for me. my biggest issue with the phone is paying the $10 a month for 4g that is offered is so few places. in two years 4g will be in a lot more places and it will make sense to have a 4g phone .

15. Mikegreco16

Mikegreco16 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Inc and the Evo seem way to similar to upgrade from one to the other, though the Evo has a few more features. I would probably wait for something bigger and better comes out than the Evo, to similar to the Inc to warrant a switch...and Sprint < Verizon.

Search tags for this page

if you like the htc incredible you will love