Lots of troubles with the Rezound

fallofshadows

Reaction score
Hey folks, it's almost 3am here, so I'm going to try to keep my list of troubles as short as possible.

I tried flashing Scott's Cleanrom 4.5 earlier (about 4 hours ago) and had an issue where my phone would boot up, work for about 30 seconds, and then reboot. Because I still don't have a working recovery (CWM freezes on backups) I need to find a new ROM. I reverted to a ROM I used a while back (ICS Redefined beta 4.0.3) but now I have no data or phone signal. I have a feeling this is due to my not being able to load the PHIMG (mainversion is older! error).

Does anyone know how I could get this ROM working? Or, better yet, are there any up to date ROMs that won't give me issues? Seriously, this phone is driving me mad.

Also, in case it matters, I still have S-ON. I'm not about to go poking wires into my phone, with my luck, I'd brick it. Me and technology don't always mix well, in case you haven't figured that out.

to sum it up, I would like:
- a working recovery
- a working ROM (ICS please!)
- a working phone in general.

Thanks in advance guys. I'm going to sleep now, or else I'll be up all night fighting with this darn thing.

Primevyl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Yin
Don't use clock work mod on the Rezound...use AmonRa...then go get Nils ROM from XDA

#Rezound on Nils' Business ICS 'Roids 2.3mg#

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed, use AmonRa for recovery. If you're not S-Off then remember to flash the kernel(which wouldn't have happened automatically in CWM). Scott's ROMs generally work well, so maybe give that another shot. However there are plenty of ICS based ROMs. The choice is yours.

OP
F

fallofshadows

Reaction score
Thanks, Primvyl. I'm going to give Nils' Business ICS 4.0.1 a try.

Mr Smith: I generally do remember to flash the kernel, I just have a horrible time keeping them organized on my computer haha. Plus, that "mainversion is older" error is always a huge pain. Another question though: Where can I find AmonRA that works with S-ON? The one in the guide in your signature says it requires S-OFF, and like I said, I'm a little weary about poking my phone with wires haha.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Primvyl. I'm going to give Nils' Business ICS 4.0.1 a try.

Mr Smith: I generally do remember to flash the kernel, I just have a horrible time keeping them organized on my computer haha. Plus, that "mainversion is older" error is always a huge pain. Another question though: Where can I find AmonRA that works with S-ON? The one in the guide in your signature says it requires S-OFF, and like I said, I'm a little weary about poking my phone with wires haha.

Amon-Ra doesn't require S-Off. Let me double check my guide because if they updated the info it could be confusing to most people.

Edit: Ok, thankfully I think this was a typo on their side. AmonRa does not require S-Off.

OP
F

fallofshadows

Reaction score
Amon-Ra doesn't require S-Off. Let me double check my guide because if they updated the info it could be confusing to most people.

Edit: Ok, thankfully I think this was a typo on their side. AmonRa does not require S-Off.

Sweet, looks like I need to get working on that. I've still got 10 minutes left on this ROM download (I miss 4G tethering already, DSL sucks...) so I'll get working on the recovery as soon as it's done.