Lots of trouble rooting droid 2

cromo8

Reaction score
ive tried in on three pc's and one mac, i always seem to have a problem with it, even the one click version, its always adb is not recognized as an internal or external command

any ideas?

patchm00

Reaction score
ive tried in on three pc's and one mac, i always seem to have a problem with it, even the one click version, its always adb is not recognized as an internal or external command

any ideas?

With 4 tries and no success I'd have to say you are missing something important in the instructions.

With the one click make sure you read the instructions in the first post to get all the files you need. In second post where it talks about one click root you move the second file into the tools folder of the sdk folder. Make sure to run the command from the tools folder.

I'm speaking about this rooting procedure:

Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows and Linux (and soon Mac) - xda-developers

Bishang

Reaction score
Try the 2 step method, which is in the first post. For some reason the 1 step method didn't work for me, but the 2 step worked like a charm.

justin090435

Reaction score
i have been trying to figure this thing our for days...... i finally realized that its all about the location of the adk folder.... it HAS to be on the c drive. i hope this might help someone else

Syraz

Reaction score
did you add adb to your path?

1. right-click '(My) Computer'
  2. Select 'Properties'
  3. Go to 'Advanced' or whatever tab you find 'Environment Variables'
  4. Select 'Path' then 'Edit' and add your new path in.