Lots of force closes?

slinky

Reaction score
I was just going to post a thread on this...

I got my Thunderbolt 2 days ago, and have been having SIGNIFICANT force closure issues.
Pandora, won't play longer than 2 minutes. Updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, still FC.
Wallpaper, Gallery, Messaging, Camera.
Pandora & Navigation having difficulty connecting. Internet won't connect every so often.

I thought my Droid was bad for FC's, but this is heinous. I was so excited for this phone... what's up?

I've been having the same problems. Repeated forced closures on Pandora and Words. verrry FUSTRATING!

SMS sometimes do not go through and sometimes the failed sent message doesnt show up when it doesn't.

How can this be fixed?
Why do you think it's the phone? Two apps...

I have no problems with Gallery or Camera. I use K9 for messaging. SMS works fine. Perhaps it is your area and the network.

I use my phone a great deal. Not even one FC in 10 days.

versedconcepts

Reaction score
I been getting a forced close when ever I witch to my front facing camera. Which sucks because I cant do any video chating. And what funny is that I backed up all my info and I did master reset clear and still didn't fix the issues. I thinking it might be a hardware issue. Its a good thing I have until the end of this week to exchange my phone.

drew

Reaction score
The apps that won't install say "unsuccessful error-18".....any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Unmount your SD card and then try installing it from the market. It is a known issue with some apps (OpenTable, Angry Birds).

Pandora has been force closing if I get a phone call while playing. Some games like Bubble Blast 2 also force close.

Words with Friends is a POS app. Crashed so much on my Droid 1 that I refuse to install it on the TBolt. I also decided I will never touch another Zynga product because of this and their poker game. Use Wordfeud instead. Much more stable.

OP
S

Stratman09

Reaction score
Yea its an SD card issue. Some of the phones were sent out with bad cards. Once its replaced with a new card they have no problem installing and running apps.

ShaiBrooklyn

Reaction score
I never had any until today and it's the HTC Sense that keeps force closing and it's making the phone unusable. The phone has been awesome since launch day but I'm also getting erious lag. Like I'll get a new tweet or something at it'll tell me 20 minutes later. Or I'll set my alarm and it'll tell me it's set 20 minutes later. That just started yesterday. When it tries to load the gallery it freezes and won't load the thumbnails.

yatman60

Reaction score
I upgraded from the D X to the thunderbolt and I'm having a ton of force closes. Is anyone else seeing this or is this just the difference from Motorola to HTC?

From what I can ascertain, it seems related to the 4G/LTE. When I drop the phone to 3G (which I have to do in my area since I'm all 4G around here) the Force Close problems stop on the apps I was having issues with.

I'm hoping the firmware update they are planning on releasing soon solves this problem.

yatman60

Reaction score
I was just going to post a thread on this...

I got my Thunderbolt 2 days ago, and have been having SIGNIFICANT force closure issues.
Pandora, won't play longer than 2 minutes. Updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, still FC.
Wallpaper, Gallery, Messaging, Camera.
Pandora & Navigation having difficulty connecting. Internet won't connect every so often.

I thought my Droid was bad for FC's, but this is heinous. I was so excited for this phone... what's up?

I've been having the same problems. Repeated forced closures on Pandora and Words. verrry FUSTRATING!

SMS sometimes do not go through and sometimes the failed sent message doesnt show up when it doesn't.

How can this be fixed?

I have no problems with Gallery or Camera. I use K9 for messaging. SMS works fine. Perhaps it is your area and the network.

Try dropping the setting of the phone to force 3g usage and I think you'll find the force close errors go away.

yatman60

Reaction score

How can this be fixed?

Try dropping the setting of the phone to force 3g usage and I think you'll find the force close errors go away.

That said, kinda defeats the purpose of having a 4G/LTE phone huh? Here's to hoping HTC or Verizon fixes this problem.

mthorn79

Reaction score
I am now getting force closes on texts when I select them from the drop down menu. Hmm

Sent from my Tbolt from Tapatalk

doryjo

Reaction score
Front camera not working

I been getting a forced close when ever I witch to my front facing camera. Which sucks because I cant do any video chating. And what funny is that I backed up all my info and I did master reset clear and still didn't fix the issues. I thinking it might be a hardware issue. Its a good thing I have until the end of this week to exchange my phone.

I'm having the same problem with my camera. It won't do forward camera now. I'm new to these smart phones. How do I fix the camera problem?