Lots of force closes?

Stratman09

Reaction score
I upgraded from the D X to the thunderbolt and I'm having a ton of force closes. Is anyone else seeing this or is this just the difference from Motorola to HTC?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

mthorn79

Reaction score
I'm getting it with certain apps, mainly Pandora. I think its the software not the phone itself. I've talked to a few people that have different phones but have the Android OS & they get plenty of force closes as well.

nateccnn

Reaction score
I have not had a single force close since I got the TBolt. I did with my Old OG Droid when I ran overclock kernels above 1 ghz. I could go to 1100 mhz if I used a standard voltage kernal but with low voltage it would not go above 900 mhz.

I always noticed that doing a factory data reset would clear up any force closes I got when I operated within the parameters mentioned above. If I violated the parameters above then no data rests helped.

My suggestion would be to do a factroy data reset and then reinstall your apps. If you are trying to root, all bets are off until they get a stable root with a stable recovery and a stable rom on top of a stable kernel. I'd just stay clear of rooting for now. Give the developers some time to work the kinks out.

Nate

OP
S

Stratman09

Reaction score
Yea I'm not trying to root and no apps are really different than I've been running on the X. I might give it some time and see how it goes. I appreciate the info though thanks.

Snow02

Reaction score
I upgraded from the D X to the thunderbolt and I'm having a ton of force closes. Is anyone else seeing this or is this just the difference from Motorola to HTC?

Has your battery died on you at any point?

OP
S

Stratman09

Reaction score
It's come close but not yet, should I let it die completely?

slinky

Reaction score
I have yet to have one force close since it was turned on. Love that.

techguru

Reaction score
I have had two FC's. One was from a pretty old BT File Transfer app that actually totally locked up my DINC (battery pull lockup) but just slowed the TB until it FC'ed. I had Google Navigation FC one night this weekend, but I am pretty sure I have figured out why. I need to do some testing to figure out which one it is, but one of my other apps that uses the GPS seem to put it in a weird state where it only updates every 10 seconds instead of every second. Google Nav was jumping every 10 seconds instead of tracking smoothly, and when I made a turn before it could tell me about the turn, it started to speak, then closed without warning. When I restarted it, it FC'ed. I pulled over, rebooted the phone, and restarted Nav without having run anything else that would use the GPS, and it worked normally again.

So both times were clearly the result of mis-behaved apps, and FC was the appropriate behavior.

Alan

OP
S

Stratman09

Reaction score
It's just acting wild. Everything is force closing and I can't install a lot of apps I've always used like angry birds. I can install others just fine but they constantly shut down even after factory reset.

OP
S

Stratman09

Reaction score
The apps that won't install say "unsuccessful error-18".....any ideas?

nateccnn

Reaction score
If you did the factroy data reset and still have problems and you're not installing untrusted apps...I'd take that phone back to Verizon and ask for a replacement. You may have a memory or CPU problem.

Nate

tiwags

Reaction score
I have words with friends free and I ALWAYS have force closes .. it is happening on my sisters phone as well.. hopefully it is a program issue and not a phone issue.

lvlv

Reaction score
I was just going to post a thread on this...

I got my Thunderbolt 2 days ago, and have been having SIGNIFICANT force closure issues.
Pandora, won't play longer than 2 minutes. Updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, still FC.
Wallpaper, Gallery, Messaging, Camera.
Pandora & Navigation having difficulty connecting. Internet won't connect every so often.

I thought my Droid was bad for FC's, but this is heinous. I was so excited for this phone... what's up?

yoshi

Reaction score
I was just going to post a thread on this...

I got my Thunderbolt 2 days ago, and have been having SIGNIFICANT force closure issues.
Pandora, won't play longer than 2 minutes. Updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, still FC.
Wallpaper, Gallery, Messaging, Camera.
Pandora & Navigation having difficulty connecting. Internet won't connect every so often.

I thought my Droid was bad for FC's, but this is heinous. I was so excited for this phone... what's up?

I've been having the same problems. Repeated forced closures on Pandora and Words. verrry FUSTRATING!

SMS sometimes do not go through and sometimes the failed sent message doesnt show up when it doesn't.

How can this be fixed?