Lots of FC's with Launcher pro in 6.1 final

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Is anyone else here using Launcher Pro with 6.1 final and experiencing lots of Force Closes? It happens mostly when I press the Text Message button on my dock, the button will light up as if it is being pressed and everything will freeze until i get the FC message. The weird thing is, 80% of the time "Waiting" will unfreeze is just as well as force cloising/restarting.

Any idea if this is an isolated incident? Does it with both .0.8.2 and the 0.8.2 one themed for the Gingerbread theme.

captdroid

Reaction score
Is anyone else here using Launcher Pro with 6.1 final and experiencing lots of Force Closes? It happens mostly when I press the Text Message button on my dock, the button will light up as if it is being pressed and everything will freeze until i get the FC message. The weird thing is, 80% of the time "Waiting" will unfreeze is just as well as force cloising/restarting.

Any idea if this is an isolated incident? Does it with both .0.8.2 and the 0.8.2 one themed for the Gingerbread theme.

The only time I see the FC message running Launcher Pro 0.8.2 is during boot if I am not patient and wait for LP to cache the icons for apps installed to SD card. Then I choose the wait option the FC popup and LP finishes caching and I am good to go.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing post for "6.1 final" are you guys getting this somewhere else cause all I see is 6.1 rc1. its confusing me at this point cause we are using his final as the base for our newest ROM but we are all still waiting.

mikemullin6

Reaction score
No problem with 6.1 and LP Pro

I'm not having any FC problems with LP Pro and CM 6.1 final except, as stated above, if I'm impatient and don't wait for all the icons to load. I using one of Slayer's kernels if that might be a difference.

Re: version. go to this link: TeamDouche Mirror System for the latest nightly builds. Go down about 8 dates (12/06)and you'll see update-cm-6.1.0-Droid-signed.zip which is the latest 'final' build posted.

Also, go to cyanogenmod website for more details. Link: Motorola Droid - CyanogenMod Forum

ss13

Reaction score
No problems here. Running stock 6.1 with slayher 1ghz kernel.

bemenaker

Reaction score
I have occasionally gotten a FC from handcent while in corporate email. But that is it.

I only use LP