Lost yes i went there

Weapondrift

Reaction score
Did anyone watch the finale? Were you impressed/dissappointed by the show in general? What were your thoughts?

I finally watched the finale this evening at work. I cried several times (yes i am a weapon and yes I cried so what of it). I thought this was a beautiful ending to a show that took us to a whole new relm of possibilities. A show that captured me from the first episode and held on to me untill this evening. I actually thank Netflix for allowing me to become an addict and Hulu for supplying me with my final emotional dose.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The complete series is a Fail in my mind.....

jev

Reaction score
I thought that it was a fitting end to a great show. I do wish that a few more questions were answered, but that didn't take away from it at all. After all, the show was more about the characters and redemption than any of the other stuff. I'm gonna miss it, but as soon as there is a boxed set for the series, I'll be having a Lost marathon.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
I've watched the show since day 1. I'll admit I was pretty fed up with it a few seasons in when it seemed that nothing made sense It was as if the writers were high on LCD. For whatever reason I stuck with it. I thought the finale was pretty good but as others have said they really didn't answer any of the mythology stuff. I read a comment about how the "duct tape" scene was symbolic of the entire show, ie the writers "duct taped" the loose ends together.

All I know is my DVR will have a lot more room now that Lost is done and Heroes was cancelled.

Last edited:

mendy817

Reaction score
thought it was a great finale... you're right it didn't answer many questions, BUT the fact that so many people (myself included) thought it was an emotional and excellent way to end the series speaks to how good the writers, characters, and show was even without answering all the questions that everyone wanted.

issues636

Reaction score
i just RECENTLY got hooked on LOST, started watching from season 1 (thanks to netflix) in the middle of the 5th season, finished all 5 seasons about 2 weeks before the final season started. i'm not gonna lie and say i hated the way the show ended, i loved the finale, i don't think they could have done anything different really, but it still just doesn't make sense. so many questions unanswered, so many things happening during the show that had no meaning at all. like what was the point of the "babies not being born on the island" storyline? it had absolutely nothing to do with anything. just little things like that bug me, but like i said i loved it. i'm not gonna say i hated it just because they didn't cram every answer into the last episode like some people wanted.

nphil

Reaction score
I was seriously let down by the finale. They had this whole scientific/mythological aura going on around the show, and they left most of it unexplained in the end. The finale seemed more oriented to "faith" than science and logic.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I agree with the lack of science and logical explanation, when it came down to purgatory I was immensely disappointed.

high on LCD.

LOLOLOL. Yea being high on liquid crystal displays sure does wreck a TV show.

nphil

Reaction score
offtopic : Aww heroes was cancelled? I sort of liked watching it even though the previous three seasons were utter garbage. The charm of the first season soft of kept me on the hook!

OP
Weapondrift

Weapondrift

Reaction score
spoiler!

I really liked that fact that Benjamin sitting outside of the church was kind of an understood rule thinking he was still witing to atone for his sins. So in some way it did have a religious meaning behind it. The very ending when vincent layed next to Jake was when I lost it completly. I went stright into tears cause I knew what was going to happen to Jack.