Lost yes i went there

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Weapondrift, May 25, 2010.

1. Weapondrift

Weapondrift Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did anyone watch the finale? Were you impressed/dissappointed by the show in general? What were your thoughts?

I finally watched the finale this evening at work. I cried several times (yes i am a weapon and yes I cried so what of it). I thought this was a beautiful ending to a show that took us to a whole new relm of possibilities. A show that captured me from the first episode and held on to me untill this evening. I actually thank Netflix for allowing me to become an addict and Hulu for supplying me with my final emotional dose.

2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    The complete series is a Fail in my mind.....

3. Weapondrift

Weapondrift Member

Ratings:
    +0
    May I ask why you didnt like it?

4. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I thought that it was a fitting end to a great show. I do wish that a few more questions were answered, but that didn't take away from it at all. After all, the show was more about the characters and redemption than any of the other stuff. I'm gonna miss it, but as soon as there is a boxed set for the series, I'll be having a Lost marathon.

5. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    Watched about 1/2 the first season, It couldn't hold my attention.
    Seemed more like a soap that a show.

6. JayCizzo

JayCizzo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've watched the show since day 1. I'll admit I was pretty fed up with it a few seasons in when it seemed that nothing made sense It was as if the writers were high on LCD. For whatever reason I stuck with it. I thought the finale was pretty good but as others have said they really didn't answer any of the mythology stuff. I read a comment about how the "duct tape" scene was symbolic of the entire show, ie the writers "duct taped" the loose ends together.

All I know is my DVR will have a lot more room now that Lost is done and Heroes was cancelled.

#6 JayCizzo, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  7. mendy817

mendy817 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thought it was a great finale... you're right it didn't answer many questions, BUT the fact that so many people (myself included) thought it was an emotional and excellent way to end the series speaks to how good the writers, characters, and show was even without answering all the questions that everyone wanted.

8. issues636

issues636 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just RECENTLY got hooked on LOST, started watching from season 1 (thanks to netflix) in the middle of the 5th season, finished all 5 seasons about 2 weeks before the final season started. i'm not gonna lie and say i hated the way the show ended, i loved the finale, i don't think they could have done anything different really, but it still just doesn't make sense. so many questions unanswered, so many things happening during the show that had no meaning at all. like what was the point of the "babies not being born on the island" storyline? it had absolutely nothing to do with anything. just little things like that bug me, but like i said i loved it. i'm not gonna say i hated it just because they didn't cram every answer into the last episode like some people wanted.

9. nphil

nphil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was seriously let down by the finale. They had this whole scientific/mythological aura going on around the show, and they left most of it unexplained in the end. The finale seemed more oriented to "faith" than science and logic.

10. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +123
    I agree with the lack of science and logical explanation, when it came down to purgatory I was immensely disappointed.

LOLOLOL. Yea being high on liquid crystal displays sure does wreck a TV show.

11. issues636

issues636 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    haha i didn't even catch that he said that when i first read through the thread :p

12. nphil

nphil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    offtopic : Aww heroes was cancelled? I sort of liked watching it even though the previous three seasons were utter garbage. The charm of the first season soft of kept me on the hook!