lost voice command icon

Rick1216

Reaction score
Hello. I have a Razr which has been upgraded to ICS. For some reason my voice command icon has disappeared. When I go into my apps, it is enabled. I had disabled several worthless apps, but enabled them to see if something was interconnected. Looking for options. It was working fine a few weeks ago and I am 99% sure I have used it since the upgrade. I tried to download again but it was told it was already installed. I also powered it down and restarted a couple of times and also did a hard reboot. No success. Ideas? Thank you. If there is a better app available, that may be the path of least resistance.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Are you using the stock launcher? I'm pretty sure you can't hide apps with it so as long as it's installed & enable it should show in the app drawer

An easier way to access voice commands is to set home key double tap to voice command. I also set long press on search key to voice search.

1339708296469.jpg

OP
R

Rick1216

Reaction score
Try going to your app and disabling it, then rebooting and enabling it. A similar question was discussed here.

If not, you could do a factory reset or try downloading QuickShortcutMaker at Play as a workaround.

1. Thank you
2. I'm an idiot. Was so focused on getting the steps correct I used the wrong term. My problem was with voice search.
3. Thanks for nudging me in that direction.
4. I was not able to get the icon to reappear, so I went with the quick short cut app.
5. Thank you.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1. Thank you
2. I'm an idiot. Was so focused on getting the steps correct I used the wrong term. My problem was with voice search.
4. I was not able to get the icon to reappear, so I went with the quick short cut app.
5. Thank you.

Not knowing doesn't make you an idiot. These phones are complex, but any kind of manual with instructions for every possible variable would be twice as big as the New York City phone book. That's what makes this forum great. :)

SallyC

Reaction score
1. Thank you
5. Thank you.

1. You're welcome
2. Then I am too as I've done the same thing. :blush:
3. Pure luck, but I'm glad it worked.
4. Those steps haven't worked for me either, so I'm glad there's an app that will work.
5. Thank you - for posting back. It's always nice to hear when something works!

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Oh, voice search not voice commands. Well that explains why it was missing. I don't have it in my app drawer either. I guess they removed it since it's built into search bar, navigation, etc. As I mentioned I set long press on search key so i never missed not having the built in stand alone icon.

I actually noticed it was gone when I went to put a voice search app button on my car dock home screen, like did on GB. I never used the short cut outside of the car dock app since it was build into the search bar. I was going to do something similar to what Sally mentioned & make a new short cut but decided that since I only used voice search for navigation I'd just use the short cut built into navigation app & put a voice commands app button on the car dock home screen.

Anyway glad you've found a way to get things to how you want them.

1339708296469.jpg