Lost video and pix files

elchucko

Reaction score
While my Droid2 is attached to my PC I can display any of my pictures or videos without a problem. When I attempt to do the same on my Droid2 the folder and files are missing. Ideas? Thanks

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Been a while since I muked with my D2 and the battery is dead at the moment so I can not look; but .. Media is usually stored in the DCIM folder in sub folders Camera, Music, Ringtiones, Videos etc. If you have them media in other folders like downloads or something the media scannner might not be looking at every folder on your SD card. You might try using the app Rocket Player or some other one other than the stock one that scans the entire card for Media.

OP
E

elchucko

Reaction score
Hi,

When I look in the "files" folder and under "sd card" then DCIM, I find my photos as I did before. When I launch the camera app the pix in pix box in the lower left of the camera display is black as if there were no pix available. Video used to be in a folder named "dcim" (no caps). There is no such folder.

When I connect my D2 to a PC I can display either pix or video in there respective folders. I have an 8gb sd cd with approx 87 mb left of unused space. The last thing I remember I did before this situation was rename 3 video files to a name I could readily understand.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I got my D2 charged and looked this up. I do have pics in the Camera bottom left and they are in the DCIM folder on sd card in a folder named Camera. Can you see all your pictures when you use the Gallery app?