Lost usb Data sync after fix permissions (4.2)

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Tepes, May 16, 2011.

1. Tepes

Tepes New Member

So I was recently experiencing sluggish performance which turned out to be due to the only 21mb of internal memory I had left. I went through and did a massive clean up of unnecessary apps and theming and got myself back up to 61-65mb. Much better performance and I receive my texts now :) However, because I was doing all of this massive change to usage and memory, I decided to do a Fix Permissions (via CW) afterwards to just bring everything together. After the process was finished, reboot and all, I could no longer sync to my pc. The screen for usb link come up, hit the button and the circle just keeps spinning until the screen turns off and when you turn it back it is asking me to turn on the usb connection again.
    I even went back to a pre-cleanup backup and started the process over again, testing along the way and sure enough, it is Fix Permissions that is causing this. Now all this is to say that so far without it, everything seems to be working just as well, but for my own piece of mind I would like it if someone could shed some light on what may be getting "fixed" that is in fact breaking something I need the phone to do. Thanks
    And for the record, I still love 4.2. I'm sure the new PEs are wonderful, but GB has just not played well with my phone and apps so Froyo is where my D1 tops out :)

EDIT: so It isn't a fix permission error. I never ran it since I got it fixed yesterday and tonight it doesn't want to sync again. So something is going on that I can't pinpoint. I'm starting to dread the worst which is that my sd card itself is finally starting to go.
    EDIT: Switched to corcor kernel, wiped dalvik, wiped cache... it's working. Also removed the imoseyon script and swap on sd as well as shutting down compcache. Let's see what it does tomorrow night.
    EDIT: By this morning I was back to the same problem, so I sucked it up, did a complete wipe and started 4.2 from scratch. Really hoping this just ends up proving that my old ROM was just getting cluttered and not that my sd card is dying.
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

I havnt ran fix permissions since I flashed v6. You try a new kernel? Corcor just released new ones that are worth checking out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
data lost permission
data sync su permissions
su permission data sync

su permission datasync

what is su permission in datasync