Lost trying to root!! HELP PLEASE!!!

cdroid1

Reaction score
I tried rooting with two different methods...n I'm not sure if I'm rooting bc my phone is doing exactly the same things n I can't remove bloatware I'm just left with terminal emulator in which I have no clue what it does ..can some help with a couple issues..
1) how do I get the zip file of froyo onto my SD card in the first step?
2) how do I get a rom (if that's not the same thing as above)
3) removing bloatware

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
You need to download ODIN onto your pc, then go to android centrol and go to the rooting page. Go down the fascinate forum, look for a thread that says superclean 2.9.2 open the thread and that will walk you through how to do it. That is where I went and it worked with the first try.
ODIN will be in the same thread you can DL it all there.
Just read the instuctions carefully.

SC froyo 2.9.2
EC10 VOODOO LAGFIX

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
You will need a program that will unzip files. If you dont have on just google it.

SC froyo 2.9.2
EC10 VOODOO LAGFIX

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
Ok thanks I already have Odin on my PC..just trying to figure out how to put the froyo update.zip onto my SD and get the .far file which is supposed tl b the 2.9.2 to DL as a compressed file it just keeps saying cannot find file from the links that are online

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
You may have to do it through odin, I tried to go thew sd card to but no luck. If you have the DL you want, unzip it, do the battery take and transfer it through odin. I think you have to put the odin and the 2.9.2 in the same folder on your pc first.

SC froyo 2.9.2
EC10 VOODOO LAGFIX

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
Ok here's the deal I tried to put everything through odin and my phone never got off the yellow screen...so I pulled it from the comp and tried to finish the steps..it wouldn't go passed the half way point of installing the zip from the sd card so I had to factory reset..I'm going to try later on from scratch so what is the best way I should try..I've been reading fire the last 3 days lol