1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Lost time warner email when switching to BBV3

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Vindii, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Vindii

Vindii New Member

I'm not sure if this was caused by BBV3 or if something else happened but my roadrunner email was working fine until I update to the new ROM. I double checked all the setting and they are the same. I tried to remove the account and re-set it up and it still does not work. I can send email but it wont download my new email.

When it try to load more messages it says connection error. How do you know what the error is? Any ideas for me to try?
  2. buckfill

buckfill New Member

3. Vindii

Vindii New Member

4. buckfill

buckfill New Member

Do you have another email pop3 account to try (ex - yahoo?) Just curious if it's all pop3 or TWC exclusively. Since it worked before the upgrade, could something be cached? Does TWC offer IMAP (just to test)?
  5. Vindii

Vindii New Member

Just tried setting up my wife account and it works fine. Tried to reset mine again but same problem. Won't connect. Wifes account is RR also. My work email works fine too.

Odd. Why would it connect to one account but not the other?

When is says connection ero why would it not give you more details?
  6. buckfill

buckfill New Member

Forgive me, but I'm in IT and you know how we each have our own way of troubleshooting things.... Can you successfully pop from say an outlook client on your pc? I'm sure you can, but I just wanted to make sure we weren't missing the obvious.

I know this is really overkill, but if you rule everything else out, then it's got to be something leftover from before the flash, no? What about a good ole' wipe data 3x and cache 3x? I know that seems extreme, but if it works you'll have saved some time and frustration...
  7. Vindii

Vindii New Member

I actually did wipe before this flash. First wipte in a long time. That lead me to think I had settings wrong but it appears they are correct. My emial account is set-up on my home PC thru outlook so I'll try that tonight to make sure that is still working.

I've gone thru the setting like 10 times now and it is strange that one account works but not the other.
  8. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

Why would you use a road runner email in the first place ? When you switch the ISP you'll lose it and you have to get a new email and start spreading the new address to people . I don't know about you , but I have changed 6 ISPs in the last 12 years but my Yahoo address is the same .
  9. Vindii

Vindii New Member

So I had set-up my gmail to get my RR email since I never was able to figure out why it stopped working. Last night right before I went to bed I switched to a 800 MH kernel after reading this thread.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/64914-never-would-have-believed-switching-kernels.html

I get up this morning and suddenly my RR email is working again. WFT? Strangest thing. I didn't change anything else. Why would a kernel have anything to do with downloading email? I have used the 1.1 chevy kernel before with other versions of BB without any problems. Maybe coincidence but...
Search tags for this page
can i keep mt timewarner email account if i switch to anothe
can i keep roadrunner email if i cancel
can you keep your roadrunner email account if leave time war
changing isp can i keep my time warner mail in outlook

if i cancel time warner do i lose my email

if i cancel time warner do i lose my email address

if i cancel time warner will i lose my roadrunner account fo
if i drop time warner cable do i lose my roadrunner email ac
if i leave rr how long until i lose my road runner account
if i leave time warner can i keep my email address?
if you cancel time warner internet will email be lost
keep my time warner email address
my droid wont update my time warner cable email
switching from att to timewarner stopped my outlook from wor
when you first register time warner, they will give you an e