Lost temperature when docked

Catboater18

Reaction score
I have one of the Mikradles and when docked my Droid always showed the temp in lower left hand corner. I've done something and lost that. Funny, it is amazing how I got used to that. Anyone know how to get the temperature to display again?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you say you've "lost it," I assume you mean that you're seeing something like "--- F" in that corner. Long press it and set up your location again. I've noticed that the weather widget on the dock screen is rather flakey and requires reminding of my location from time to time.

OP
C

Catboater18

Reaction score
jsh1120,

Thanks for responding. When I say lost, I mean there is nothing. About 40% of the bottom line (when it is turned sideways) is blank. I've tried a long press and there is no response. Nothing like when I press the light bulb or music.

I can call up "weatherbug" and get temp and weather forecast, but nothing ever in that lower left portion of the display bar.

vico512

Reaction score
I just checked mine. Earlier this AM, I had a temp display, but it was incorrect (by 10 deg). I rebooted the Droid, and now the bottom left half of my display is also blank. First time I've seen this.

Strange....

vico512

Reaction score
Catboater--

The lack of responses indicates no one actually knows. I'm not sure where the weather comes from, while docked -- that might be part of the problem. My Beautiful Widgets Wx display is OK, as is the Weatherbug temp in the notification bar, when in the vertical orientation.

I just checked mine in the dock again, and the Wx info is still missing.

-Vic

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a known bug with the clock app, sometimes it manifests itself as a celsius only reading.

vico512

Reaction score
Interesting....I guess I don't understand how the clock would affect the weather segment. The display worked fine, in the cradle, until yesterday. Since then, the wx segment is blank. The other segments (music, pictures, light bulb & clock) are OK and functional. Reboots have no effect.

Everything still looks fine out of the cradle (Beautiful Widgets, Weatherbug temp, etc.) -- it's only screwed-up when in the cradle. Anyone know where the weather actually comes from in the "cradle mode"?

-Vic

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting....I guess I don't understand how the clock would affect the weather segment. The display worked fine, in the cradle, until yesterday. Since then, the wx segment is blank. The other segments (music, pictures, light bulb & clock) are OK and functional. Reboots have no effect.

Everything still looks fine out of the cradle (Beautiful Widgets, Weatherbug temp, etc.) -- it's only screwed-up when in the cradle. Anyone know where the weather actually comes from in the "cradle mode"?

-Vic

It comes from the same servers that the stock widget does, IIRC. But there's a problem with the code that either gets or handles that data, so it manifests as all sorts of problems. Sometimes the information isnt displayed, sometimes it's displayed incorrectly.

vico512

Reaction score
Hmmm.... OK -- I guess I should have enjoyed it more while I had it!
smilie.gif

-Vic