Lost root...

Discussion in 'Sourcery ROM' started by fishfood, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishfood

fishfood New Member

... when I updated to 1.2! Shortly after i ran the update (i did do a backup!) I received something about a "su update..." I ran it, and since then I've lost access to all of my root apps. Do I need to go back through the RSD Lite thing and reroot, or is this something you're familiar with and know a fix for?
  2. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

First time i came across this error. The first time i installed this update i had a CW error. I rebooted, tried again and it went thought smooth.

Try reinstalling your back up and updating again.
  3. fishfood

fishfood New Member

No dice... restored my backup to 1.1 and confirmed root access. Reinstalled the update to 1.2 via Sourcery auto-updater and immediately lost root after update installed via CW. Going to have to revert to my 1.1 backup unless someone has any ideas... could always re-root using RSDLite, but can't remember if I'll lose all of my stuff or not.
  4. listenman20

listenman20 Member

no you wouldn't lose it all yor most recent back up is still there on your card.
    but what is it telling you precisely?
  5. fishfood

fishfood New Member

That I'm messing with things I can't possibly fathom... LOL... I'd say right offhand that there's a problem with the update, but, again, I'm no expert. Far from it. What SHOULD it be telling me?
  6. fishfood

fishfood New Member

..or were you referring to the error messages I'm getting? LOL... Not getting ANY messages... but none of my root-requiring apps (titanium, SetCPU, Autostarts, etc...) are working... Can't overclock, can't access my app backups, so my system as it's set up is slow as molasses...
  7. listenman20

listenman20 Member

is there an SU app in the drawer?
    you're the 1st we've seen with this prob
    it could've been a bad d/l or something...push come to shove.....assuming you made the back up like you were prompted.....go back to your nandroid of 1.1 goto the root of yr sdcard and erase teh update.zip that's there adn then try the update again.
  8. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Make sure you are on WIFI when you try again.
  9. fishfood

fishfood New Member

All of the above completed with no luck... Yes there is a Superuser app in the drawer in 1.2, and it shows both SetCPU and Titanium as having root access, but the apps themselves show no love. I deleted the update.zip from the root of my card and re DL'd from the Sourcery updater, and it still doesn't work. It's too bad, too, because I love this ROM. Gonna keep using 1.1 because I'm still not sure there's anything else better out there!

EDIT: I was on WiFi when I performed all of the update attempts.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  10. listenman20

listenman20 Member

my next suggestion will be to start over from scratch...sorta...be sure and get all of yuor settings backed up while you're on 1.1 with titanium. then goto the site and get you a fresh d/l of the 1.1 and 1.1gapps. put them on the root of your sdcard. reboot into recovery and wipe everything but the card. install the fresh d/l of 1.1 then immediately follow it with 1.1gapps. reboot. sign in and let everything sync. get your wifi on after the sync icon disappears from notify bar. just open market...this should start the install of all of your apps...let the phone set til all of those a synced. don't try to do anything else while it's syncing. once all of your apps are on...then try the install of 1.2 from settings(make sure the update.zip is deleted again from root of card) after all of that you may try to use your root access apps then theming and whatever else suits ya.
  11. fishfood

fishfood New Member

Think I managed to work around it... don't have the know-how to actually "fix" it, though! Did pretty much what you said, without wiping the system and boot partitions... just a wipe data/cache, and did a fresh install of 1.1, with an immediate update to 1.2. Seems to have solved the problem. Sure wish I knew what the deal was... maybe a conflict with one of my apps? At any rate, thanks for all the help!
  12. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

glad you got it working

Hey glad you got it working.
    wasnt ignoring you but you were already getting the correct advice. The update does nothing with superuser or anything so probably just some type of corruption during download or install. Sorry for the trouble but glad you got it going.
  13. listenman20

listenman20 Member

Glad to see ya got it going. Have fun with the settings.
  14. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

closed

issue has been resolved