lost root with 6.12.173 upgrade even using voodoo ota rootkeeper

sks1024

Reaction score
I upgraded to 6.12.173 and lost root even though I used voodoo OTA. Don't know how to get it back without going back to previous version.

Any suggesstions.

lpulle

Reaction score
I have the same problem- I used Voo-doo to save root but it must have failed - no root

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

eidian

Reaction score
I upgraded to 6.12.173 and lost root even though I used voodoo OTA. Don't know how to get it back without going back to previous version.

Any suggesstions.

Unfortunately reverting back is the only way to keep root right now. I'm sure that someone will come up with an exploit soon. If you're wondering, Voodoo DOES work; I'm on 174 and rooted.

View attachment 47214

View attachment 47215

2.3.6 ver 174 rooted with NO problems

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have the same problem- I used Voo-doo to save root but it must have failed - no root

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Were you able to restore your protected copy of SU with VooDoo or are you getting a specific error by a root app that you cannot obtain permission?

OP
S

sks1024

Reaction score
Were you able to restore your protected copy of SU with VooDoo or are you getting a specific error by a root app that you cannot obtain permission?

after a restore with voodoo i get a message that su binary outdated. When I try to update it it fails with "failed to find currently installed su binary"

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
after a restore with voodoo i get a message that su binary outdated. When I try to update it it fails with "failed to find currently installed su binary"

There is an app in the market called "superuser update fixer" and it will attempt to fix the binary...

OP
S

sks1024

Reaction score
installed it but it fails when trying to gain root access.

gling

Reaction score
From what I've been reading, the majority of those that used Doomlord's root process and Voodoo rootkeeper did not lose root when updating to 173. It would be interesting to know if that is the case here. What was your method of rooting your Razrs?
I know I have been back and forth between .744/.748/.173 a number of times and never lost root using the methods above.

OP
S

sks1024

Reaction score
I got it fixed. i rolled back to prevoius version. Made sure VooDoo was correct. Re-installed update and restored root with voodoo and everything is lovely now.

Thanks,

cmckee.cna

Reaction score
Motofail

I was wondering if anyone has played with the motofail method of rooting and OTA Rootkeeper. I have been trying to figure out which way i want to go, motofail/doomlord's, if anyones got any incite to this, please lemme know :)