Lost root/SU access on Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mizzike2555, Aug 12, 2010.

1. mizzike2555

mizzike2555 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, so I was playing around with the saphire roms trying to get the 1325 kernel to boot. Anyway I accidentally hit the "run update.zip" option in the recovery screen. now the problem is I usually just run the rom.zip straight off the sd card, so i dont usually rrun an "update.zip". Therefore I have one or two old update.zips in the root of my sd card that i have no idea what they are. so after i hit "run update.zip" byb accident, i just booted up my last good rom (saphire w 1250 kernel) and everything seemed ok. then i tried to use setcpu and it said i dont have root access, it was running the overclocked rom though. i went into rom manager and it said that i need to install clockwork, obviously clockwork had been installed and running fine before this. so it seems i flashed myself right out of root. i still have the ninja SU icon, but there are no permissions in it. Help! TIA

2. EvoX777

EvoX777 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just did something similar, except I was purging out my card and deleted something that unrooted my phone. I've dumped all my backups, leaving myself only a stock recovery, so I'm no longer rooted but still running Simply Stunning 4.7 (awesome ROM btw). Shortly after Id rooted back in early 2.1 days, I accidentally ran the wrong update. To fix it I just went through the rooting procedure as though it was a new phone and all was good.

Search tags for this page

android lost access to su

i lost my su and root