1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Lost root privileges after installing Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by SawyerDiasmae, Feb 17, 2011.

1. SawyerDiasmae

SawyerDiasmae New Member

I rooted my Droid 1 (or Droid Classic as I like to call it) for the first time (using the method found here Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version) and was successful. After my rooting I was also successful at installing Gingerbread (rom found here Stock Rooted Gingerbread (Android 2.3.2) ROM)
    My problem arose after installing Gingerbread. I seem to have lost all root privileges and have not been successful at regaining them using any method I've found.
    When I us Terminal Emulator I still get "$" after typing "su", BusyBox fails to install and ROM Manager gives me "error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"
    Does anyone have any advice/solution?
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Restore a backup and try a different GB ROM is your best bet.

Sent from somewhere...
  3. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

I would try booting into recovery wiping data/cache and reflashing the one you flashed. I say this because pete does a really good job with roms and it may have just been a bad flash. So try that first, if that doesn't work try flashing a different GB rom like the other guy said
  4. STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER New Member

Just a chance... but if you have a "superuser" icon.. go in and make sure everything looks right... (as in checked to 'allow')
Search tags for this page
gingerbreak rom lost root
lost root rights in my android

root access loss