Lost Root JB How can I backup everything before Factory Reset?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I updated to JB I tried the easy root method to root my phone 5 times and it appears that it worked but in reality it didn't all steps completed but phone still not rooted. Anyway what is the best way to backup all of my phone info so I can factory reset my phone. Thanks

deduct

Reaction score
What all are you wanting to back up? And why do you say its not rooted after rooting? Is it not allowing root permissions?

Reaction score
It's probably doing what mine was doing.. I lost root on my phone as well. I have a method that is through the command prompt that worked when rooting my phone today. If you go to the LG Spectrum forum it's there. It will work for yours it's just the jelly bean one. But if you need me to explain anything then message me. If you try that method your phone should root I almost guarantee it. My superuser stayed through the update and when I lost root I couldn't get rid of it. The thread I posted should solve your problem. If you need any help just pm me.

Also if you wish to back up your contacts just do it through Gmail. You don't have to factory reset to use the method I did.

Last edited:
OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I wanted to factory reset because my phone has been sluggish lately I'm waiting for new phones to come out since my upgrades up. I. Wanted to backup my apps etc. I tried looking for your post can you point to me the link. Thanks
It's probably doing what mine was doing.. I lost root on my phone as well. I have a method that is through the command prompt that worked when rooting my phone today. If you go to the LG Spectrum forum it's there. It will work for yours it's just the jelly bean one. But if you need me to explain anything then message me. If you try that method your phone should root I almost guarantee it. My superuser stayed through the update and when I lost root I couldn't get rid of it. The thread I posted should solve your problem. If you need any help just pm me.

Also if you wish to back up your contacts just do it through Gmail. You don't have to factory reset to use the method I did.

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
I PMMed you.
The reason I wanted to back up the apps etc is b/c I want to do a factory reset since this phone I feel is sluggish. So I wanted to start from a clean slate. If I can root it I can use Titanium to back it all up.

VinceNigel

Reaction score
here is a video for this, it works with any android tablets and android phones.
youtube.com/watch?v=V-Opy_dl-t8