1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Lost root in ICS leak upgrade

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Hacks' started by Sandlotje, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Sandlotje

Sandlotje New Member

I followed this thread exactly from razrforums.com:

But I lost root. I actually did the process twice. The first time I used the Razr utility to fastboot back to 2.3.6, and redid the whole process to make sure I did it properly. When I go into terminal emulator, I get this issue:

View attachment 49016

Apparently I'm not the only one, but I want to create a thread designated for this issue. It's driving me crazy. I assume there is no known way to regain root once in ICS without the voodoo method, correct?
  2. TwoBuells

TwoBuells New Member

3. razrfisher

razrfisher New Member

I had the same issues over the weekend. Tried multiple times and the following finally was my answer.

I used the new utility (1.51) to go back to 173. Then rooted and updated the superuser binary to most recent. Then protected root using voodoo. Updated to ICS and tried voodoo to reroot but it failed. So then ran terminal emulator as stated and finally it worked.

I am not sure if it was using the new utility to go back to 173 or updating superuser which finally cleaned it up. Hope that helps!
  4. Sandlotje

Sandlotje New Member

Good to know. I've read a few things that indicate that the version of superuser was what might have been the issue but I'm fixing to do the same thing. Update everything then install ICS and hope for a difference.
  5. Sandlotje

Sandlotje New Member

Alrighty after many frustrating hours, this finally did the trick. Thank you razrfisher for contributing your success and details. I was working off of the 1.41 Razr utility, and I agree that 1.51 was definitely needed. It was much faster to download 1.51 through torrent by the way. (Took about half the time... it's 1.24Gb)

Just for the record, I'm working off of Superuser version 2.3.6 and Su binary v3.0.3.2. This can be checked in the Superuser app under settings at the bottom.
  6. razrfisher

razrfisher New Member

Glad it worked out!