Lost root for no reason

brownpm85

Reaction score
so I'm not sure how it happened but I mysteriously lost root. I was able to restore a backup and get it back, but I have no idea why I lost root. I'm running cm 6.0 with launcherpro+ I recently installed the slayer kernel but I didn't have any issues. Could installing an app cause me to lose root. The only app I can think that might have caused it was the live tv app I installed, but I deleted it because it didn't work. If anyone knows what might have caused this I would greatly appreciate it.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Some people have reported this happening. I dont think anyone knows what causes it.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good question, how was the phone rooted, how long as it been rooted for, how long have you had the phone for, do you have a backup, was root lost after a reboot (if known)?

I've got the live TV app, works pretty good, btw.
And then I go to verify and it doesn't work so good. I couldn't launch it, uninstalled, redownloaded it, and it fired right up. Works fine. Again:)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate that when somebody posts something and doesn't come back to read their responses. Maybe I'll pm him and tell him that christim is thinking about giving him an infraction for not responding...:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
^That gets me to, but I think some people don't realize how active this forum really is, within ten minutes of an initial thread post one might get six or more answers :smile: