Lost Root after 593 OTA-Couldn't get it now I have it! Here's the secret.....

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by rfwright16, Jan 13, 2012.

1. rfwright16

rfwright16 New Member

1. Keep looking.
    2. Keep asking.

Thanks to P3Droid and DJmatt. This is for Windows.

Here's what I did.
    First-make absolutely certain that you have all the updated motorola droid bionic drivers for your version of Windows. Do a google search. you'll find them.

click here : http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ade-path-retaining-root-901-installation.html

you're going to look for bionicpathsaver.zip. that has most of the things you need.

You should update the file that you download, however, with the following.

Name: bps fix.rar

Description: download these files, unzip, then copy all the files INTO your unzipped bionicpathsaver folder and overwrite what is there. Key file is runmebbb.bat.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    in case you get a CDT error,
    Name: CDTfix.zip

Location: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Description: run it just like you do the runmebbb.bat

if at any point you get an error that says CDT error, use the cdt.bat file that you got and it fixes... make sure you read everything before you start step one tho! Then read it again. The Droid Forum link above is very helpful. Another extremely helpful link:

Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method

Note unless you're registered user on MDW you can't access linkes shown thereon in order to get files. But the info/details are enlightening.

steps 1 - 4 literally are: 1) turn phone on, 2) connect usb, 3) set to charge only, 4) run the script.

Once you have the updated files copied into bionicpathsaver folder, usb connect your bionic, ensure it is set to charge only and the debugging is checked in menu-applications-development. Then click on the runmebbb.bat file.

Note the script will load both 593 AND 901 onto your SD card. The script will get you into android recovery to update to 593. You do NOT have to run it again to put 901 in if you don't want to.

Be very, very patient. This took about 90 minutes to fully execute. Do exactly what the script tells you. it will work. And you will be rooted again and be happy that you once again have a cool phone!
    [​IMG]
  2. warren peace

warren peace New Member

runmebbb.bat file script will not detect my phone......Any clue?
  3. aqworldthunder

aqworldthunder Darth Droid

Simple way to root!

First of all go to market, download superuser. 2nd of all go to 4shared.com and download z4root, then plug in usb from phone to computer. 3rd go to "Applications" then go to "Development " after that and click "USB Debugging" then go to z4root and click temporary or permenant. Your phone us now rooted. ;)
  4. aqworldthunder

aqworldthunder Darth Droid

How to hack your phone, go to 4shared.com and download gamecih2 after that go to gamecih2 and put a hotkey i use dpad centerGo to game you want to hack, then press hotkey, for example i have $100,000 i input it it should have a lot of results. Then i gain 50 dollars and put action button "!" It makes less results keep doing about 4-5 times. Then when it shows Up your number click on it. And change number to 99999999 then click lock next to the number it locks the number so you get 9999999 and it doesnt Go away.
  5. rfwright16

rfwright16 New Member

warren peace-I just kept trying. Is debugging checked? Sounds like you're running into the same stuff that i did before i found the bionicpathsaver approach. Once I got that going then everything worked. good luck.

PS-what kind of phone are you using? Did you have root and then lost it?
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
Search tags for this page

4shared path ota