1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

lost recovery on Droid?!?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by 2Ceedz, Sep 28, 2010.

1. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

**Mod- Sorry for wrong section, but I am running BB 0.5**

Hey, I was trying to port over a theme, which went well. The only issue was the notification colors. I was following tutorial on how to change the colors, and I could not get it to work. Kept getting stuck in bootloops.

No problem, just recover and try again. Well, this last time, I think I lost the recovery (clockwork). I hold down 'x' on my Droid on boot, but it keeps taking me to the boot animation.

PLEEEAASE tell me I can fix this please. Helllp!!!
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Beta Team

Let it go ahead and boot up, then go into ROM Manager and click on Flash Alternate Recovery, then once that loads, click on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery again. By the way, I've had lots of problems with the latest recovery (2.5.0.1), so instead of that one, you might want to scroll back down to All ClockworkMod Recoveries and flash one of the older ones (I've been using 2.0.2.4 for a couple of months now without a single issue).

EDIT: sorry, I just re-read your post and saw that you were stuck in boot loops. Have you pulled your battery before attempting to boot into recovery? If you have and you can't get into recovery and you can't boot up, then you may have to use RSD Lite.
  3. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

**Mod- Sorry for wrong section, but I am running BB 0.5**

GLD- thanks, but I'm stuck on my boot animation. :-( Right before its supposed to boot, it goes back to the 'droid' logo then the eye. Cannot get it to boot at all. :-( Yes, I did pull battery. :-(

OK, saw your edit. Yeah im screwed. I know I used RSD on the 1st root of my droid. So Can i get that to work while its boot looping? - looking for 'how to unbrick droid with RSD'
  4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Beta Team

Can you get into the bootloader (hold up on the DPAD while booting, or alternatively, hold the volume down and camera button at the same time)? If you can then you can use RSDLite.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html
  5. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

Ah Ha! Thanks forgot it used the bootloader. checking now. WOOO HOOO! GLD your the bestest! LoL

Holding up didnt work, so I got real scared, but thanks to you, I tried the buttons (camera/volume) and am in the bootloader now.

:)

Now to figure out what to do from here with RSD, I know I put 2.1 on it with it (to root), would that mess up because I'm running 2.2 now? (still looking for a tutorial) thanks!!!!!

Found it http://www.droid-life.com/2010/09/0...frg22d-rooting-method-for-the-motorola-droid/
  6. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

Your the best!!! In SPR now. :) Do you have any ''tricks'' for changing notification text on BB0.5? Gonna try white FFFFFFF LoL, would be hard for me to mess that one up, I hope, LoL.
    dancedroid
  7. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Beta Team

8. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

Yeah, that was the tutorial I was following when i screwed my Droid. :s I'm trying white text as the only thing I can think it could be would be my hex colors are wrong. Dunno how, Im putting the same in for everything, but who knows. That is why I'm going with white (FFFFFFFF) for now to test my hex characters.

Thanks again, I'm restoring BB 0.5 w/clockwork now!

dancedroid
  9. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Beta Team

w00t!! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
  10. 2Ceedz

2Ceedz New Member

Thanks for all your help!! :D Now, to the theming area to find out why I cannot change the notification text in the theme i am porting.
    Also, this theme is someone else's who isnt active much anymore. Do I need to find him and ask permission to port it? (And of course, if I post to the public, I will take no credit for it,LoL)
    Thanks again!!
  11. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Beta Team

I could be wrong in my thinking here, but if you are porting it only for your own use, I wouldn't think you need permission. However, if you plan on porting it for public consumption, then of course you should both request permission and give credit.
  12. beckamgop

beckamgop New Member

You are the best! I lost recovery somehow with the latest edition of GB. Haven't had any issue with all the previous versions so not exactly sure how it happened but this post made my life a lot easier...thanks!
Search tags for this page
lost.dir recover

lost.dir recovery

razr m recovery from lost.dir
recovering lost directoey on droid