Lost pictures/images after launcher change

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by middleP, Jul 23, 2011.

1. middleP

middleP New Member

Thanks in advance... Help!

After reading recs about various launchers I tested out Go Launcher EX and Launcher Pro, but I ran into an issue with my pictures.

There now appears to be only 4 or 5 in my gallery, rather than the 50-100 that were there prior to these changes.

Suggestions on what to do?
    Backed up prior to loading SS a month ago, have Titanium Backup running, can't seem to access them via root explorer or thru computer... but not 100% about what I am doing.
  2. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

So all you did was change launchers? You didn't do anything to the sdcard at all? I've had this happen to me before but all I did to fix it was reboot, then open the gallery and let it sit until it loads your pics. Not sure if it will work for you but that was the fix for me. Hopefully it helps!
  3. middleP

middleP New Member

After reboot now there are 0 pictures and none have loaded.

What is weird is that I still have pictures next to the 10 or so contacts that are associated with an image. Also, I know the wallpaper was an image that was in the gallery and it is still my wallpaper.

Gallery pics are stored on the sd card, right? I can;t seem to locate them using root explorer/astro/etc or through the computer. Any suggestions here?
  4. middleP

middleP New Member

One more thing to add:

I noticed when I was in camera I could see an old picture (far from the latest pic taken) in the small display window. When I click on this I see the image. When I click on the gallery link in the top corner it shows 3 pictures. These were not taken recently and appear to be taken a significant time apart from each other (that is they are not the 3 most recent/oldest nor were they taken back to back to back).

Yet as soon as I go into gallery it says "There are no items in your collection."
  5. middleP

middleP New Member

SPC - thanks for the suggestion.

After a little more digging I found the following two links that were helpful:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/146135-i-messed-up-bad.html

Ask Dr. Root: Recovering Deleted or Missing Pictures - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I downloaded Recuva: Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Plugged Droid into computer, ran program and was pleasantly surprised to find that it recovered about 3/4 of my pictures!! (I'm guessing the others had been written over or something.)

It is AMAZING how much I have learned from everyone on these forums!! A BIG thanks to everyone who makes this place what it is.

dancedroid
  6. rck76

rck76 DF Super Moderator Premium Member

You may have figured it out by now, but most of your pictures are stored in the /dcim folder on your sd card

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. middleP

middleP New Member

Thanks, that is what I thought... but there were none in there.
    Not super happy about the amount of pics I lost, but having a 1/3 or so of them is better than nothing.
  8. RoyR80

RoyR80 New Member

Sorry bout your misfortune. This has inspired me to do (another) back-up of my fone/sdcard. ;-)
    I used to do it once a month, but got lazy, been almost 3.....
Search tags for this page
i dowloaded go launcher ex did i lose all my stuff

there are no items in your collection

why my gallery lost my picture