Lost Pictures during transfer

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by Buckeye4life2011, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Buckeye4life2011

Buckeye4life2011 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Hello. My wife was trying to clear some internal memory on her galaxy s5 by moving her pictures to her 32gb samsung sd card. She said she had 1200 pictures or so. About half way thru the transfer, it said there was an error transferring and it stopped. Then, she started getting notifications that the SD card removed, preparing SD card, SD card removed,... it just keeps going on until you finally pull the SD card out. Now, there are about 500 pictures that are no longer on internal memory. And the SD card is no longer recognized by any device (phone or computer). I've tried the Photorec and Recuva software on the SD card. It did not recover a single file. I have not formatted the card since this. I think the card is a lost cause. Is there a chance that the pictures could be recovered from the phone's internal memory? Looking for help on this. Thanks. Obviously, she should have backed everything up, but she didn't. Nobody is perfect.

2. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Welcome to the forum

Sorry for your loss. I do think they are gone and after doing what you did with Recuva and not getting anywhere pretty much clinches the deal. In order to try to prevent this going forward, (SD cards are unpredictable), install DropBox or Google Photo. Either, or both, can sync all those photos to the cloud for safety.

3. Buckeye4life2011

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea why the phone would do that?

4. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    My guess is that the SD card went south and may not have anything to do with the phone. SD cards do fail, and/or get corrupted.

5. Buckeye4life2011

Ratings:
    +1
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Ok thanks.

I guess it was time I joined the android forum anyway since I've returned to an Android after a 2 year hiatus. I had an HTC Evo 3d before switching to a Nokia Lumia windows phone for 2 years. I was disappointed with the windows phone market share/app selection. Now, I'm back on Android with the Droid Turbo 2. Got it a couple months ago. It does feel good to be back.

• Like Like x 1