Lost Pics, on phone!

Skippy344

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I had a problem with my phone, and the Verizon tech had me do a factory reset, but did not prompt me to save my pictures. I asked him if they would be OK, and he said yes, because they are stored on the SD card.

NOT TRUE! By default, the Incredible saves everything to the phone memory, NOT the SD card. You have to change the settings to save images to the SD card, by default.

UGH, so, after the factory reset, 100 of my images are gone! And he said that they cannot be recovered. I was very dissappointed.

So, is there a way to recover pics, from the memory, on the phone, AFTER a factory reset?

Hoping...

OP
S

Skippy344

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

Thanks, kenny! I'll check it out and report back.

OP
S

Skippy344

Reaction score
Hmm

Looks like I need to root my phone and it also requires "busybox." So, it look like I gotta lot of work to do!

wispawhite

Reaction score
Looks like I need to root my phone and it also requires "busybox." So, it look like I gotta lot of work to do!

How's it going out? Anyone had success? I need those who really tried. Not the suggestion based on experience or knowledge. Because I tried many by research but people always gives suggestion and I spend a lot of time trying but in the end, not working!

edit:
I found the solution, in case other people has the same issue, follow this guide: HTC android phone recovery

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Unless you were already rooted the chances of any type of recovery is very slim, especially if you used the phone after the deletions.