1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Lost Pics, on phone!

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by Skippy344, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Skippy344

Skippy344 New Member

Hello Folks,

I had a problem with my phone, and the Verizon tech had me do a factory reset, but did not prompt me to save my pictures. I asked him if they would be OK, and he said yes, because they are stored on the SD card.

NOT TRUE! By default, the Incredible saves everything to the phone memory, NOT the SD card. You have to change the settings to save images to the SD card, by default.

UGH, so, after the factory reset, 100 of my images are gone! And he said that they cannot be recovered. I was very dissappointed.

So, is there a way to recover pics, from the memory, on the phone, AFTER a factory reset?

Hoping...
  2. kennydied23

kennydied23 Member

There's a paid app by hexamob on the market that lets you recover deleted files on the market.
  3. Skippy344

Skippy344 New Member

Thanks for the info!

Thanks, kenny! I'll check it out and report back.
  4. Skippy344

Skippy344 New Member

Hmm

Looks like I need to root my phone and it also requires "busybox." So, it look like I gotta lot of work to do!
  5. wispawhite

wispawhite New Member

How's it going out? Anyone had success? I need those who really tried. Not the suggestion based on experience or knowledge. Because I tried many by research but people always gives suggestion and I spend a lot of time trying but in the end, not working!

edit:
    I found the solution, in case other people has the same issue, follow this guide: HTC android phone recovery
  6. leeshor

leeshor Super Moderator Staff Member

Unless you were already rooted the chances of any type of recovery is very slim, especially if you used the phone after the deletions.
Search tags for this page
changed droid phone, lost pictures
changed phones and lost picture
factory reset phone lost photos
how to recover photos on droid incredicle after factory rese

htc factory reset lost pictures on phone

i factory rebooted my phone and lost my photos on the htc
i reset my android phone and lost my picture
is there a way to recover pictures from a phone after a fact
pics lost of sd card on verizon android phone
verizon htc phone lost pictures