lost photos??

nyr900

Reaction score
Ok, so i just got a droid incredible and i was downloading small pictures in order to put them with each contact as a profile picture.... Call me crazy but i hate looking at all the blank gray faces in my contact list. Just as i was almost done setting a photo with each contact the phone suddenly started to act weird and would keep trying to access the sd card. Now it seems like the pictures are all gone, except the photos are still attached to each contact. My photo album says 99 downloads, yet when i open it there are only 2, and i cannot find the others anywhere..... Any ideas??? Also i am using a mac, so when i connect it to the usb, it always acts funny and will try and reject the drive....

chrstdvd

Reaction score
UH, from your description above, I would say for you to look in the Downloads folder on your SD card for the pictures.

Most likely the wrong answer but worth a try.

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
a reeboot as in restart the phone?? did that... and nothing, as for on the sd card, i was putting them in the download folder.... but they are not in there now..... vanished.... yet still attached to the contacts in phone phone book

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
had no idea wheere to put them... the manual that came with the phone is better for toilet paper than helping to explain where to put things

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I did a little research because I had a feeling the pictures for the contacts are stored somewhere other than where they originally came from. I did not find the answer as to which database they are transferred to, but it enplanes why the pictures are gone and from the SD card. This link will be mumbo Jumbo to you, but as an aspiring Android programmer I think the reason you see the contact pictures is because they are in a database file in phone memory now, that is why you still see them.
I just have not found which database file they are in.

ContactsContract | Android Developers

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
i just do not get where the photos are, and why the folder says i have 99... then when i open it there are only 2......

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
thanks so much.... i powered it down.... pulled the battery, rebooted, and now the files are there and i can see them... wow i feel sooooo dumb

OP
N

nyr900

Reaction score
hey have you rooted your phone?? do you know a link to doing so on the incredible? or if i should use unrevoked?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Yep I am rooted on my Droid 2. But you have an Incredible, so, I can not advise you. I just checked your forum and do not see any clear cut instructions for your phone except for the unrevoked thread.

I would say you should read/study the "hacks" section of this link.
Droid Incredible Forum - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Droid Incredible Hacks - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I guess it is possible to Root the Incredible because there are ROM's for it. I have no experience and can not advise you about the processes with the Incredible. Ask for help in that forum from people who know that process.

Take a look at this link too. It is best to go to the Rescue Squad and study before you take the step. The real pros are at this link:
Verizon HTC Droid Incredible Help - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

With all that said, why would you want to root. That is the most important thing you need to know. Free WIFI tether or some other reason.

Sorry I can not be of more assistance.