Lost phone # contacts with GB update.

korthu

Reaction score
I updated to GB on Sunday, and alot of my phone number contacts are missing. It's almost all my Facebook contacts but even the ones I had the phone numbers for, just list their emails. Is there a way to recover my phone book?

Does anyone know how to un-sync my facebook contacts for my phone? I hate having all those contacts of people I don't have the number for or would never call.

Thanks

jmpx55x

Reaction score
Remove you facebook accout from my accounts, that gets rid of all those contacts.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
If you login to your gmail via computer and click on contacts are the ones you need still in there? If not there is a new option there to restore contacts deleted in the last 30 days. You could try that.

It's a good idea to keep a copy of your contacts backed up to your SD card in case something like this happens. When viewing your contacts hit your menu key > import/export > export to SD card. This will save a backup to your SD card just in case something happens with your gmail sync.

OP
K

korthu

Reaction score
Thanks, just need to get my other numbers back.

OP
K

korthu

Reaction score
I did as you suggested, thanks. But no soap. For some reason, about 10 of my numbers didn't show up. I've gone into my text messages and renamed them and added them to my contacts. When I added my Facebook contacts I've had some weird contacts issues. I have most of them resorted, so thanks again for the advice. Didn't know I could check gmail, I'll have to make sure my contacts are better backed up from now on.

-C