LOST PASSWORD PRIVATE MODE S5 GALAXY SAMSUNG

dfwtexan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s5
Has anyone figured out how to access private mode if your password is lost or forgotten? Can it be reset WITHOUT having to reset the entire phone.????

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If the phone has a WiFi or data connection it should, at some point, ask for your Google credentials. Unless I missed something here.

OP
dfwtexan

dfwtexan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s5
If the phone has a WiFi or data connection it should, at some point, ask for your Google credentials. Unless I missed something here.
hmmm. . . .I can get into my phone and all functions EXCEPT the PRIVATE MODE. . .it asks for my password which is totally separate from the phone password. Basically, I need to "hack" into my own PRIVATE MODE app as it is not recognizing the password.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Never used that. Sorry I misunderstood. You asked the question very well, some don't, I missed that.

OP
dfwtexan

dfwtexan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s5
Thank you. I am hoping that someone will have an answer and solution to this problem. I know there are lots of others who are facing this same issue.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I had this problem. I posted about it on this thread months ago and no one ever gave me an answer.

You have to factory reset.

lidapooh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy S5
Joe, when you did a factory reset did you lose your photos in private mode

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
A factory reset will wipe the phone. It's like it was out of the box.

lidapooh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy S5
Can I restore my phone to a previous day to reset and save my photos in private mode

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just did a Google search and someone suggested clearing data in the application settings under Private Mode. (Go to the main settings, application manager, find Private mode, clear data).

Not sure if it actually works, but it's better than an FDR to start with.

lidapooh

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy S5
Will it erase my pictures that are there

QUOTE="Jonny Kansas, post: 2619370, member: 29890"]I just did a Google search and someone suggested clearing data in the application settings under Private Mode. (Go to the main settings, application manager, find Private mode, clear data).

Not sure if it actually works, but it's better than an FDR to start with.[/QUOTE]
I just did a Google search and someone suggested clearing data in the application settings under Private Mode. (Go to the main settings, application manager, find Private mode, clear data).

Not sure if it actually works, but it's better than an FDR to start with.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not sure. Like I said, never tried it myself. You're kinda at a point where you're either going to have to deal with the chance of losing JUST those pictures hidden there by doing this (might not delete them. Idk) or losing EVERYTHING with a factory reset.

I'm not sure how Private mode actually hides/protects the files, so I can't say for sure whether it'll delete them or just make them visible again.

Give me a minute and I'll do some testing on my Note 4.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ok. I couldn't clear data on private mode, only cache. That didn't wipe out the password. There's a chance you accidentally uploaded those files, if you backup to any cloud service.

You may also be able to hook the device to the computer & copy those files over, assuming they're not hidden that well.
06034e65cca4a618e0ded807f71c8119.jpg

So, the bad news is, I'm thinking you're looking at a factory reset.

Sent from my Note 4