Lost original "eMail" app. Cant seem to find it.

Discussion in 'Droid Mod' started by DroidingMonkey, Jul 15, 2010.

1. DroidingMonkey

DroidingMonkey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I just got the droid, its my first smartphone and am still new to this whole scene. I loved the idea of wireless tethering, so I did some research and rooted my 2.1 phone to 2.0.1 with DM. I got wireless tethering and love the results, but I noticed that my phone seems to have lost the "eMail" app it came with. I still have the "gMail" app, but I use exchange for school. Now I dont have it and can't find it in the market. so far, all other exchange emails I see are paid apps. How can I get the original pre-installed "eMail" app back?

Also, when i go to settings-apps-manage apps, I can see the app as com.android.email . I can see other apps I lost too, like com.android.alarmclock and com.android.cardock.

Whats going on?, and how do I get my free exchange email back?

2. JonDenver'sCopilot

Ratings:
    +0
    If you flashed DM you probably forgot to read every menu and option. By default one option is checked to remove the email app, just re-flash the ROM again and make sure to uncheck that option on re-install.

3. DroidingMonkey

DroidingMonkey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your probably right. Guess that means im going to loose most of my free apps I've downloaded since my first flash, huh? Is there any way to set my phone to download any and all apps to the sd card? Or can i only do that by first putting the app on my computer?

Thanks for the reply, Ill try it out tonight and post my result.

4. nmiltner

nmiltner Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Titanium backup is your friend

5. JonDenver'sCopilot

Ratings:
    +0
    Also you are reflashing the same ROM so you don't have to wipe data....ie you keep your settings and apps the way they were.

Search tags for this page

lost my preinstalled mail app