Lost...need help!!

creeder83

Reaction score
So, my husband and I just got ourselves the new droid!! YAY
The problem is that I think we may have gotten in over our heads!!
We can not figure out the texting thing, we found out how to forward messages... but, when we try to type a name into the contact field while forwarding only some of our contacts will pop up for example we will type the letter "A" and Amanda or Amy will autoatically pop up, but if we type the letter "D" none of our contacts that begin with the letter "D" will come up.
Can someone please help?!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it possible the sync isn't finished between your GMail account and your phone? And, I highly recommend you use Handcent for messaging. Just disable the notification from the stock messaging service, or you'll get double beeps.

Welcome to the world of Droid. This forum is the #1 place to get friendly and prompt help.

mjs31

Reaction score
As mentioned they should start to show up. If you start typing D followed by the next letter it will list your choices if they are in your contacts.
Vulcan recommend Handcent, which is a pretty nice app. I recommend Chompsms which is similar to handcent, but I did not have the little issues that many have had with Handcent. Either way, these free apps are better than the stock messaging one.

Also, are you trying to forward to multiple contacts at the same time?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make sure all of your contacts are synced with Google and that the sync went through without error. How did you transfer contacts to your Droid? Did VZW do it?

I would recommend exporting contacts to a .csv file and importing to G-mail.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Erm....Hey!

First of all :welcome:

notice one thing.
If you FIRST press A then it shows all A contacts. if you further on pressed D
then DROID watches out for contacts starting with AD, so make sure you deleted
the A before you search for D

Maybe that was all it.

Tigger

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I myself am a new Droid operator. I found the links below helpful. Good luck to you guys.

OP
C

creeder83

Reaction score
thanks!

Thank you to everyone who replied! Intalled the other sms app... sooooooo much easier! More fun too! Thanks again for the help! We're startin to get the hang of it!