Lost my resolve.

EFGantry

Reaction score
I agree.

CM74DX

I think some people are making a big thing out of nothing when it comes to th Pentile screen IMO. I went and messed with the D3 and I went to Sprint to mess with the Photon. Looking for something to complain about after hearing so many complaints about the Pentile screen. I found nothing wrong with the Screens at all.

You must be blind.

Sent from my Incredible 2

no, he just has subjective perceptions that differ from yours. it's a matter of opinion on the screen.

Insidious

Reaction score
I agree.

CM74DX

I think some people are making a big thing out of nothing when it comes to th Pentile screen IMO. I went and messed with the D3 and I went to Sprint to mess with the Photon. Looking for something to complain about after hearing so many complaints about the Pentile screen. I found nothing wrong with the Screens at all.

You must be blind.

He's not blind.
Everyone I've showed the PenTile to they love. It the phone owners with their retina displays.

Sent from my now completely stock DROID2 Global :(

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Hey...since he says he's blind....his opinion must be fact...

You must be blind.

no, he just has subjective perceptions that differ from yours. it's a matter of opinion on the screen.

Well...its supposed to be preference, matter of opinion. I guess some folks opinions are facts..

Markster1

Reaction score

I don't like looking at a pixilated screen. I've read from a number of sources that it causes eye strain. I had the D3 for a day and while I loved the keyboard I couldn't get post the terrible screen (imo)

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I don't like looking at a pixilated screen. I've read from a number of sources that it causes eye strain. I had the D3 for a day and while I loved the keyboard I couldn't get post the terrible screen (imo)

I hope you're doing a job that's putting your x-ray vision to good use, for the good of the country.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I checked out the D3 2 weeks back and the screen was definitely a let down. I wouldn't say pixelation as much as poor colors.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you're right, grainy is a better word than pixelation. To me it was like an old LCD screen, where the colors just aren't vibrant. I wouldn't mind a little pixelation if the colors popped.

Insidious

Reaction score
Its not really pixels its calls PenTile for a reason. I may not be correct on this but im pretty sure each tile contains pixels but the hole tile basis creates a sharper image that is easier on battery life because the pixels are organized in squares.

Sent from my now completely stock DROID2 Global :(

Markster1

Reaction score
This excerpt is copied from wiki encyclopedia. To read the whole article, just google pentile and choose wiki.

" The developers of PenTile displays use this VESA criterion for contrast of line pairs to calculate the resolutions claimed. [15] However, for the same resolution and size the Pentile screen can appear grainy, pixilated, speckled, and text a little more blurry when compared to RGB stripe color. "

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
I'm a owner of a d3 and I have no problem with the screen, its a good resolution and everything, doesn't seem pixelated at all to me, well actually, if you squint real close at the battery you may see some pixels

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Markster1

Reaction score
I'm glad it works for you, it just doesn't for me. I wish it did.