Lost my resolve.

GBH2

Reaction score
As I said, there is no such thing as "more official."

Why are you even discussing cell carriers? Specs have nothing to do with where the phone is going.

Of course we know it's going to Verizon, we don't need the official specs to know this because it's a Droid device.

Perhaps your sarcasm is passing over my head.

There is rarely, if ever, "official" specs until a phone is released or a marketing campaign has begun.

The fact remains that we know what the specs of the Bionic are, of course there can be minor changes but any big surprises are highly unlikely.

but, we know nothing about these other devices that are supposed to be released in the next couple of months - in the case of the SG2 I have heard speculation that it could run on Exynos, Tegra 2 or Snapdragon.

I gotta agree with liderc on this one. We really don't know the specs of the bionic. All we have is guesses, leaks and "inside information" about the phone. So much has been thrown around that has proven false that its really impossible to know what, if anything, is correct. If you look around at the forums, you can still find compelling arguments that the screen is 4.5" vs 4.3" I think other than the fact that its a dual core LTE phone, everything else about the bionic is a big question mark.

Seriously?

4.3" qHD display
TI OMAP 4430 SoC @ 1.0GHz
1Gb DDR2 RAM
Webtop
New Moto "Blur"
4G LTE
16Gb internal storage ; slot for 32Gb MicroSD card
Battery - 1730 mAh
optional inductive charging back

People are dreaming if they think it is going to miraculously turn into something else.

tcayton49

Reaction score
There is rarely, if ever, "official" specs until a phone is released or a marketing campaign has begun.

The fact remains that we know what the specs of the Bionic are, of course there can be minor changes but any big surprises are highly unlikely.

but, we know nothing about these other devices that are supposed to be released in the next couple of months - in the case of the SG2 I have heard speculation that it could run on Exynos, Tegra 2 or Snapdragon.

I gotta agree with liderc on this one. We really don't know the specs of the bionic. All we have is guesses, leaks and "inside information" about the phone. So much has been thrown around that has proven false that its really impossible to know what, if anything, is correct. If you look around at the forums, you can still find compelling arguments that the screen is 4.5" vs 4.3" I think other than the fact that its a dual core LTE phone, everything else about the bionic is a big question mark.

Seriously?

4.3" qHD display
TI OMAP 4430 SoC @ 1.0GHz
1Gb DDR2 RAM
Webtop
New Moto "Blur"
4G LTE
16Gb internal storage ; slot for 32Gb MicroSD card
Battery - 1730 mAh
optional inductive charging back

People are dreaming if they think it is going to miraculously turn into something else.

Ok, I was mistaken. We do know that it will have the new "Blur"(even though moto doesn't use "blur" anymore it is now the.UI.that.shall.not.be.named) and Webtop(and I already said it will have LTE), but the rest of that is all rumor. It might all end up being correct, but it is all rumor.

EFGantry

Reaction score
Nexus Prime is #1A, and Bionic is #1B for me, followed then by the GS2. i can wait until the end of the year, or maybe a little longer, if i have to. but, recent leaks indicate i won't have to wait for the Prime.

Samsung (GT-19250)
4.6" SAMOLED HD
OMAP 4460, at 1.2-1.5ghz
1 gb ram
ICS
and, oh yeah, it's a Nexus!

if these specs hold up, and it's released in before the end of the year (anticipated to be Nov), i can't see passing this up for the Bionic. i love Moto devices, and will probably get its next tablet, but the Bionic just isn't doing it for me anymore...

googlelover

Reaction score
Nexus Prime is #1A, and Bionic is #1B for me, followed then by the GS2. i can wait until the end of the year, or maybe a little longer, if i have to. but, recent leaks indicate i won't have to wait for the Prime.

Samsung (GT-19250)
4.6" SAMOLED HD
OMAP 4460, at 1.2-1.5ghz
1 gb ram
ICS
and, oh yeah, it's a Nexus!

if these specs hold up, and it's released in before the end of the year (anticipated to be Nov), i can't see passing this up for the Bionic. i love Moto devices, and will probably get its next tablet, but the Bionic just isn't doing it for me anymore...

Whoever said verizon was getting the nexus prime though? I don't think I've seen anything anywhere that suggests verizons gonna get it, except that its been a rumor around the internet for awhile.

EFGantry

Reaction score
Phil Nickinson (Admin over at AC) claims that he has confirmed with a source that it's coming to VZW. on 7/25, he said that the Samsung 4.6" Nexus Prime, with ICS, was coming to VZW. and, with yesterday's leaks thru SlashGear/SamFirmware of the Sammy GT-19250, he's looking pretty spot on. but, you're right, it hasn't been made official for VZW yet.

googlelover

Reaction score
Phil Nickinson (Admin over at AC) claims that he has confirmed with a source that it's coming to VZW. on 7/25, he said that the Samsung 4.6" Nexus Prime, with ICS, was coming to VZW. and, with yesterday's leaks thru SlashGear/SamFirmware of the Sammy GT-19250, he's looking pretty spot on. but, you're right, it hasn't been made official for VZW yet.

Oh, well looks like there might be a chance then. Wouldn't you just cry if it came to VZW with all its specs on time, but with no LTE? Honestly I hope this phone comes to verizon, and if it comes soon enough after the bionic that I can sell it and buy the prime, I will probably end up doing that.

EFGantry

Reaction score
i can't see it not having LTE. only Moto would do something like that... ;)

googlelover

Reaction score

But wait... Isn't there a good chance that the SGS2 won't have LTE? Oh snap... Haha I don't get why people fight over which phone is better... Why can't we all just get along and wait in misery together!?

tcayton49

Reaction score

Yeah, I can't stand how Moto does that. Which is why I have no intention of buying the Motorola Galaxy S2 or the Morola iPhone 4s...

EFGantry

Reaction score

But wait... Isn't there a good chance that the SGS2 won't have LTE? Oh snap... Haha I don't get why people fight over which phone is better... Why can't we all just get along and wait in misery together!?

i just meant to take a dig at Moto, in general. i still love Moto devices (as i said a couple posts ago), but have become increasingly frustrated with Moto's business practices this past year. as far as the Bionic goes, i still think it will be a great device. but, i'm not gonna pass up a chance at a Nexus with those specs...

googlelover

Reaction score

i just meant to take a dig at Moto, in general. i still love Moto devices (as i said a couple posts ago), but have become increasingly frustrated with Moto's business practices this past year. as far as the Bionic goes, i still think it will be a great device. but, i'm not gonna pass up a chance at a Nexus with those specs...

Yeah I know, I would have strongly considered the D3 if it had LTE, but of course it didn't. Meh, I still love motos build quality. I like have to have it. Drop my droid almost on the daily.

tcayton49

Reaction score

Its just kind of annoying to me to see people constantly taking shots at moto. I'll probably sound like a fanboy, but for the most part I don't have a problem with anything they've done. They're not perfect, but I can understand most of it. I would love to already have the bionic, but better delayed than thunderbolted(is that a word? I guess it is now)

EFGantry

Reaction score
agree to disagree, i guess. with the OG, Moto had a chance to build on it and virtually take control of smartphones. instead, it hasn't. they've come out with one incrementally better phone after another. disappointing... don't get me wrong, i'm still at the front of the pack cheering for Moto to take back control. but, it's looking like it won't be this year. just like the Cubs, there's always next year!