Lost my resolve.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did I say anything about GSII or Vigor specs?

He said we had specs on the Bionic, which we don't.

We have an incomplete booklet of specs from the X2, released by the FCC from testing, with a few details from the Bionic.

There's no such thing as "more official".

There's official and unofficial, right now we have unofficial specs for the Bionic.

No...the FCC tests, not the hacked together manual:

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas...me=N&application_id=614502&fcc_id='IHDT56MX1'

Battery Door Report, page 6. The Test Unit...unless Moto has something completely different come out.

Its also mentioned the qHD screen with the screen res.

The qHD screen and resolution is the same as the X2.

The only official information is directly from Motorola or Verizon. If they don't say it, it's not official. Even the unit the FCC was given can be changed prior to it's release, it's been done before.

The point is, you can't use the "official specs" argument about the differences between the Bionic and other phones, because even though we're theoretically within 1 month of it's release, we still have zero official specs from the company who's releasing the device.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My point was they are more official...since we have FCC tests...

We cant even go by the specs of the overseas version of the GS2 thats already out, since GS2 devices are popping up with different chips inside.

But ok, nothing official unless from Motorola or Verizon. Even tho its a Motorola device being tested in the FCC docs...Motorola's name plastered all over the place... Can we agree its official it has LTE?

You right, for all we know that device is going to T Mobile.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
As I said, there is no such thing as "more official."

Why are you even discussing cell carriers? Specs have nothing to do with where the phone is going.

Of course we know it's going to Verizon, we don't need the official specs to know this because it's a Droid device.

Perhaps your sarcasm is passing over my head.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well we do have the specs from the FCC which are probably 90% correct right now. There's only so much hardware you can change on a device without it having to go back to the FCC. I'm still in limbo about the Bionic. I want it but I'm just not sure yet. Maybe when the release gets closer, I'll bite the bullet and just buy it.

droidrenegade

Reaction score
Who is to say they didn,t go back to the fcc with some changes They could have sent something in with the changes and those specs may not get released untile after the phone is released no one realy knows anything untile the phone is released. on the other hand Sept is getting closer:)

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt they did. After Motorola's CEO's comments....

Still excited for the phone-don't get me wrong, I just decided to wait.

GBH2

Reaction score

Why are you even discussing cell carriers? Specs have nothing to do with where the phone is going.

Of course we know it's going to Verizon, we don't need the official specs to know this because it's a Droid device.

There is rarely, if ever, "official" specs until a phone is released or a marketing campaign has begun.

The fact remains that we know what the specs of the Bionic are, of course there can be minor changes but any big surprises are highly unlikely.

but, we know nothing about these other devices that are supposed to be released in the next couple of months - in the case of the SG2 I have heard speculation that it could run on Exynos, Tegra 2 or Snapdragon.

Droidram56

Reaction score
I have been eligible for an upgrade since June and have been waiting on the Bionic. I'm not waiting past September. I will choose among available LTE phones at that time. I hope that will include the Bionic and GS II, although I'm very doubtful about the GS II. If neither are out, I'll probably go with the TB.

Some official information from Verizon, Motorola, and Samsung would be nice for sure.

googlelover

Reaction score
You know, I'm tired of listening to you whiny babys complain about waiting 6 months, I've waited a YEAR for this friggen phone, ever since motorola said they would have a dual core android phone coming soon. My droid 1 is on its last leg, I'm getting this phone, or ill stop and consider the GS2 if it comes out on the same day, but if not this phone is mine. Can't. Wait. Any. Longer!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm getting this phone too. I have had nothing but happiness with all of my Motorola devices and I don't anticipate the bionic being any different. I'm confident in the FCC specs and anything else that would be changed at this stage would most likely be something so small that it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. I just hope it comes out September 8th, rather than towards the end Septmeber. I'm sick of waiting.

tcayton49

Reaction score

There is rarely, if ever, "official" specs until a phone is released or a marketing campaign has begun.

The fact remains that we know what the specs of the Bionic are, of course there can be minor changes but any big surprises are highly unlikely.

but, we know nothing about these other devices that are supposed to be released in the next couple of months - in the case of the SG2 I have heard speculation that it could run on Exynos, Tegra 2 or Snapdragon.

I gotta agree with liderc on this one. We really don't know the specs of the bionic. All we have is guesses, leaks and "inside information" about the phone. So much has been thrown around that has proven false that its really impossible to know what, if anything, is correct. If you look around at the forums, you can still find compelling arguments that the screen is 4.5" vs 4.3" I think other than the fact that its a dual core LTE phone, everything else about the bionic is a big question mark.

googlelover

Reaction score
I'm getting this phone too. I have had nothing but happiness with all of my Motorola devices and I don't anticipate the bionic being any different. I'm confident in the FCC specs and anything else that would be changed at this stage would most likely be something so small that it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. I just hope it comes out September 8th, rather than towards the end Septmeber. I'm sick of waiting.

Yeah, and you gotta remember, any changes they do will most likely be for the better, I mean its not like they would look at the phone and say you know what 1gb of ram is too much let's take 256mbs out.
^^Oh and to the guy above this post. Love the sig haha

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

I gotta agree with liderc on this one. We really don't know the specs of the bionic. All we have is guesses, leaks and "inside information" about the phone. So much has been thrown around that has proven false that its really impossible to know what, if anything, is correct. If you look around at the forums, you can still find compelling arguments that the screen is 4.5" vs 4.3" I think other than the fact that its a dual core LTE phone, everything else about the bionic is a big question mark.

Omg Tcayton agreed with me. We've finally agreed on something, I feel better now.

Being honest =P

tcayton49

Reaction score

Omg Tcayton agreed with me. We've finally agreed on something, I feel better now.

Being honest =P

It can only mean 1 of 2 things: Either hell just froze over or the Bionic is about to be released :p