Lost my phone!

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I put it on the back of my friends car. We got distracted, and left, and I noticed I couldnt find my phone about 30 mins later.

I'm almost certain I left it on the car. It probably fell off somewhere, but Ive looked and cant find it. I DO have lookout mobile on it, but the stupid search isnt working. Is there any other way I can find my droid? Maybe something else that is preinstalled on the Droid 2 that would help?

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If Lookout isnt working and you didnt install anything else, like wavesecure or mobile defense, then you're probably hosed.

How is the search failing?

Reaction score
If you had insurance, look into mobile recovery through asurion

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ntrddragn

Reaction score
If the search isnt working it probably fell and the battery came out. so your phone is off. that could be a possibility. i would also suggest latitude if you turn it on. it might have the phone last known location.

Vnuk1

Reaction score
If the search isnt working it probably fell and the battery came out. so your phone is off. that could be a possibility. i would also suggest latitude if you turn it on. it might have the phone last known location.

X2 on ^This^ if the battery fell out of it you're hosed..

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I think it's still on because the phone is still ringing about 5 times and then going to voice mail.

The search is failing because I hit "Scream" to see if I hear anything, and it just says "connecting...." forever. Then the locate button says it'll look for 3 minutes, but nothing ever happens. And on the left it says "Error Connecting". It sounds liek it COULD be off, but from calling it, it seems like it's still on.

=\

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Since it seems pretty slim at this point, what are my options? Should I just call Verizon and have them deactivate my phone for the time being?

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
If latitude was turned on (not sure or not if it was) can I use that to find it somehow?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If latitude was turned on you can use another phone or possibly google maps (not sure) to check the last known location. Only prob is if gps wasn't fully enabled it wont be 100% accurate and it all depends on the last time it updated your location.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Update: I found it this morning after getting up as the sun was coming up. It's dead ;-;

but on the bright side, no one found it so that's one less thing to worry about. It got driven over a couple of times so it's not in the best shape. I can take pics if you guys really crave seeing a droid after being driven over all night.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Update: I found it this morning after getting up as the sun was coming up. It's dead ;-;

but on the bright side, no one found it so that's one less thing to worry about. It got driven over a couple of times so it's not in the best shape. I can take pics if you guys really crave seeing a droid after being driven over all night.

Yes pics would be cool.

Did you have it insured?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
aefe532c-7845-bed7.jpg

I didn't have insurance unfortunately. But I was able to get one for $40 using my family plan. RIP old buddy!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App