lost my battery cover.

samredman

Reaction score
My battery cover has a very small pad in the middle about an inch wide by an inch and a half. It sounds like, if there are some where the battery covers don't come off easily, that they may have fixed this mid-stream of their initial production. We probably got the "lemons." As a long time "early adopter," I have seen this phenomenon many times.

This is similar to the illogical software design flaw where the pinch and expand gesture touch (which is one of the defining iphone features) was omitted. All these things will be probably corrected for those who buy in the second quarter and hopefully for us in quick updates (and repairs).

But it's always fun to be first.

Last edited:

Donsell

Reaction score
Just curious, did the back of your batter cover have a padding? The replacement i got has one, much stiffer.

Mine has padding and a little picture of a crossed out trash can to help me remember not to throw it away. :icon_eek:

mjs31

Reaction score
My door slightly moved one time, but it was pretty much my fault. Otherwise, it has stayed secure. It was good to see they had replacements online though.

billyNOTnice

Reaction score
mine has fallen off 4 times... not impressed. thought about trying some quality clear tape.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone on here suggested cutting down a business card to fit the battery cover and stick in over the battery. My battery cover is super snug now. I cut the business card down to a small square that's just a little bigger than the black "pad" that is on the back of the cover and it definitely tightened things up. I have kept an eye on whether or not this could cause the phone to overheat. Every time I have touched the card on top of the battery to check the temp, it felt just fine.

otaku

Reaction score
For those with battery covers that are snug, mind checking the manufacture date? Should be on the back of the battery cover. Mine (which slides off constantly) is 092709.

Thanks.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mine says 092709 as well....

maybe more then 1 production line or facility maybe? who knows but mine is on really good....

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
a quick solution we did on a friends phone was cut a buisness card to fit under the battery... this causes the battery to be slightly higher causing it to press harder on the foam rubber on the battery cover... his was really loose you could actually shake the phone and his would come off.. now its on just as hard to get off as mine.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Mine is 91709 and is snug. Has never slid off and takes effort to even get it off manually.

adam8ch

Reaction score
Mine comes off sometimes when I pull it out of my pocket. Gonna try the business card thing.